YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Thought I'd mention this, it's in my neighbourhood (well, it's where I work) but I thought it may be of interest to some if the weather precludes diving, especially the RAF guy who was highly entertaining last time they did a presentation. Last year one of my old club won a trip to Scapa for six of his mates.
Chee-az
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Divewise 2003”

The British Sub-Aqua Club North Eastern region has once again pulled out all of the stops for its annual conference on March 16th. This hugely popular conference takes place at the Science Laboratories at Durham University, where it moved two years ago to cope with larger audiences.

As a day of entertainment and education it is open to divers from all agencies with a programme to suit all levels of diver.

This year’s programme will include the appearance of members of R.AF. 202 Squadron (Boulmer) - that’s the guys in the helicopter!

Presentations are also planned from:  
Bill Smith, who was the driving force in the recovery of “Bluebird”
Jim McCormick from the Health and Safety Executive, on legal responsibilities of branch officers (i.e. how not to end up in court!)  
Adrian Chisolm from AA Distribution, on EPIRBs and how they can save your life and
Ken Farrow, on some of the diving available north of the English border.

Other presentations planned are to cover re-breather diving, Instructor development paths within the B.S-A.C. as well as the many diving related projects and courses in the North-East of England.  There is also the possibility of the Marine Police attending again, but this is dependant on operational priorities.

As usual the R.N.L.I., Coastguard, representatives of the Regional Coaching Team and trade stands will all be there.

There will be a prize draw raffle - the star prize being a dry suit, kindly donated by Typhoon International - as well as the usual multitude of prizes that are available at this hugely popular event.

The conference is on March 16th, at Durham University.  Advance tickets are included in a prize draw on the day for a dry suit and are available from Susan Taylor on 01207-237022 at £5

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.