YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an accident on my crosser last week which resulted in a bump to the head and a black eye. Eye white is still red and bump has gone down but still a bit lumpy after a week. No fracture to the head but ribs still hurt and since i landed on my side. Need to do some dives to check out new equipment (Not the twins from my other post as i don't want to strain myself) is this wise or should i just wait till the end of the month when i go to Sharm ?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
It depends on what you do. There is some empirical evidence to suggest that damaged tissue is more susceptable to bends.

With this sort of injury I think you need to take care. Shallow dive on a rich mix would probably be OK. I'd be more worried about the ribs as you can't see the damage.

I guess the best advice (as always) is to talk to a Dr who knows something about diving.:)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi shog,

a few weeks ago I dived [31m max dive time 60mins] with a slightly swollen black eye, the white of eye still full of blood and 3 days after having the stitches out. I had no problems, but I'm not a Doctor so wouldn't know if I was at greater risk of DCS or not, I did extend my stops however just to be on the safe side.

HTH

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Get a grip
610 Posts
It depends,if you had a small fracture into your Ethymoid sinus' then diving would not be a good thing(but its most unlikely).

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot about your accident Steve, whats your moosh looking like now? Can we have a then and now pic side by side?
Hi Yaz,

I'm fine thanks, just left with a rakish scar that make me look like a rap star ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Hi Yaz,

rap star ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

Is there a "c" missing somewhere in that statement?:embarassed:

I'm leaving as we speak:angel:

Reactions: Simon TW

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well planning on going to Eyemouth for a shore dive so max depth would be 15m and will be diving on either air or 32.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts