YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My Nark is much worse that my Bite!
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Can´t give you too much info at the mo, cause the project isn´t finnished.But some early feed back would be much appreciated.
We are currently having four chalets built. Everything may be inplace for later this year but certainly for next. Each will consist of one double bedroom, living room, kitchen [ They will be self contained ] and there´s a 10 x 4 metre pool.
There will be a wet room for cleaning gear, and safe storage.
Photographs will be posted when everything is complete.

We are on the Costa Almeria near a little Spanish town called Cuaves De Almanzora.

So the question is, In principle how many of you lovely folk would be interested ?  

Pete.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Very much depends on cost, you can get to malaga mid week with easyjet for around £70/£80 return but other times can be over £150. Where you are must be around a couple of hours from there? I like the diving around Andelucia and have dived there several times.

If the package was right I'd be up for it.

James

·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Hi James...I´m about 50 min´s from Almeria Airport, where I believe Mytravellite have started cheap flights. I´ll certainly be doing some cracking deals for YDer´s on the accomodation side. Have already spoken to one dive centre about prices, example...10 dives, mixed boat/shore around 175€, approx 12 GBP per dive including tank. [ Guided tours, prices based on a group booking ] Although I´m working on getting shore dives down to around 5€, if people don´t need a guide.

Thanks for reply James, will keep you informed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Imported post

What consideration have you given to transportation. If the idea is for a cheap midweek break vehicle hire for a group plus equipment would be inhibitive . What about transfers to/from airport and to/from accomodation to dive centre.Regards tight wad Geordie.

·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Everything will be inplace by the time we open for business, and I won´t be taking bookings for the accomodation until everything is 100%.
I will emphasise, I won´t be running a dive centre. I´ll be providing quality accomodation, the diving will be provided by the centre who can offer the best prices and quality without cutting corners. Hope this helps Geordie...

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

it's the sort of thing i would be interested in if you can put a package together, can i suggest that some trip reports and photos of the diving round there might raise some interest.
jules

·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Hiya Jules...I followed your advice on where to buy the Olympus 5050 at UK digital cameras in M/C...relatives are bringing it out for me in late May, so I´ll start posting photographs soon after.  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Sounds good to me. Is the location away from the mass tourist area? If so I'd be interested. Can we assume you are going for the all year (nearly) market rather than the rip em off in the Summer hols market. I really feel that the cost of Summer hols is bumped up to unfair levels. As such these days as I have no in-school kids I wont pay the extra, unfortunately my wife works in school so we stay at home but if decent accom and diving is available at near out of school hols prices is available I/we would be interested.

Matt, tight arse miserable git  

·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Thankfully Matt we are away from the mass of tourists, their 26k further along the coast...that was the main reason for us moving to Cuevas.
All the dive boats are moored at a very small fishing village called Villaricos about 4 miles away, it´s all so one of the best shore diving venues locally. As far as prices, I´m with you on summer inflation rates...I´m intending to keep the costs down all year round, and hopefully be full all year round.
Dive info...Water temp never dropped below 14c during winter, and that was on a night dive in Jan. Still, it felt bloody cold in a 5mm hire suit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts