YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My Nark is much worse that my Bite!
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

As divers is there any one thing or a number of things which you find lacking with regards to facilities...when you reach your intended destintation ?

What are your requirements when your not diving ?

1.Peace and Quite
2.Training Facilties
3.Cycle hire
4.Site Seeing
5.ETC

Even down to speacial needs...try and keep this clean, but don´t try too hard

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Scubadog

Places of interest for non-divers tend to govern where I go if travelling with my girlfriend. Scuba not exactly being a spectator sport.

We do a bit of cycling, mainly flatish stuff.
Nice places to eat, not just burger bars. Local food always tried. Good beer.
Away from the screaming hoards of the British yob holiday family.
Allowed to dive within my training limits, not those imposed by diveshops looking for the quick shallow hoiliday divers.
Good English spoke as I am completely useless with languages. Not usually a problem.

Probably add more later.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

Adrian, any places you've been you can recommend (esp on a tight budget for this year) as my wife is a non-diver.

Dom

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Dom

My usual holidays with Rachel are mostly non-diving, except for a day or two.

I have not been to Teneriffe, but Lazarotte appeared to have enough for a weeks sight-seeing and beaches, bars etc. for non-divers. We went with my previous club to Costa Teguise and used Calypso - you re back for lunch, and go out again in the afternoon. They were happy to take non-divers in the minibuses if there is room. Run by a Brit - Peter. We have been back on our own as well.

Malta and Gozo for a diving holiday are good value too. Car hire required for all locations, unless you are happy to be within walking distance of all you want. Buses few and far between. We have also tended to pick places we can get to from our local airport, rather than have to get to Gatwick.

HTH

Adrian

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>There is loads of sight seeing stuff in malta too (like 2 neolithic temples older than the pyramids and stonehenge) and some lovely beaches but you will need a car as Adrian said. You can other get some seriously good deals at the last moment on teletext although these tend to be staying in the main touristy area. But I've seen flights later in the year (when the main holiday season starts) for £70 return. At that price you can afford to stay somewhere nicer (like we are due to) away from the great unwashed

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Definately descent food and drink, a queitish bar is nice, a few shops to mouch round and if there are places of interest to visit, highlight them and give info how to get there as when your new to a place you can miss loads and not even know.

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts