YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking to join a Diving Club near Livingston, can anyone recommend a decent club. We want to dive more sites than we did last year where most of our 100 + UK dives where around Eyemouth and St Abbs, Powmill Quarry and Loch Long. We also want to get some training on Twins. Would like to jin a club that has access to a pool for training andtrying out new gear prior to jumping in the sea. Do mind if it's PADI, BSAC, SSAC etc just as long as there a friendly bunch. Any ideas ???

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Cumbernauld Sub Aqua may be a bit far for you however we have lots of divers on twin sets, a few of which are doing staged decompression dives.

Some good expeditions organised this year:

We had a great weekend in Oban in February.

• HMS Campania - May
  • Mull of Kintyre / Sanda - June/July
  • Plockton - Long Weekend August

Weekly pool use. midweek and weekend diving every week :)

Scotsac training Sports diver / Master Diver.

We also subsidise any non Scotsac training relevant to the type of diving you are doing / want to do.

Cumbernauld Branch has gone through many changes over the last couple of years and all of them for the better.

We have a very active club with an emphasis on safety, buddy checks, dive site risk assessments, trip reports and er drinking, lots of it!

Come along, say hello.
Wednesday night Tryst Cumbernauld 8-9pm Meeting / lectures. 9-10 pm pool, 10-00 (Pub!)

Davie.

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Or Bo'ness they meet monday nights at Bo'ness leasure centre and dive most weekends either as a club or individually. Have own compressor which is pretty handy. Go onto Scotsac website, click on branches then follow link for Bo'ness.

Gareth

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cumbernauld is a bit to far away for us, though looks like a great club!. Boness however is not far from us, could you give me more info on what's involved in joining and where you go diving ?

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Home Page

Hopefully if you click on that link it shoul direct you to the website. they meet every monday evening. You dont have to be a Scotsac member , at present im PADI AOW and orginally joined as an associate member however i belive i now have voting rights. Its 25 pounds a quarter, which allows you to use the compressor. Trips are either sunday diving or midweek, few shift workers which are available to dive midweek. Aslo they arrange boat diving out of various east coast harbours, also a trip to scapa next month which i believe are still spaces.

All the details are on their website.

HTH

Gareth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts