YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

For those of you who have dived from Brighton Marina know that (most of the time) you are faced with a longish walk down a ramp.

If you have not been there for a while the old ramp has been replaced with a new one that has a smooth non slip surface which means you can wheel trolleys all the way to the boat if want. The old one had slats in the in the floor to prevent slipping (it is quite steep) which meant trollys were not really useable down the ramp.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Nov. 17 2003,13:48)]NB - this post is for the benefit of those who are too old and clapped out to carry their bottles on their back.
... or don't have the build of a gorilla with short arms and deep pockets.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Are you saying I'm a tight-arse?  Right. That's the last time I ever buy you a glass of water at club night.
The nerve of it.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Guys

Can you launch a Rhib there?

If you can do you have to get permission / pay?

I ask 'cos i usually bring a boat with me.

I thought that everyone who lives near Bexhill was old and decrepid?

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Can you launch a Rhib there?

If you can do you have to get permission / pay?
Y'know  - I haven't the foggiest, always been going out on the hardboats. I suspect they do have some sort of launching facility, I suspect it'll also cost bulk dollar.  AIUI there is a slipway 300m west of the West Pier (old, knackered, falling down, burnt out....no not you Bryan) where the jetski lot launch from.  Also I believe you can launch from Newhaven.

It might be worth e-mailing this lot

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Rob

Ta, i know the west pier area quite well, cannot remember seeing a slip, but do now recall seeing lots of boats around there.

Suppose i could bring one of the smaller ones along and roller it down the beach, not done that for a few years.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Suppose i could bring one of the smaller ones along and roller it down the beach
Ooooh get him, Mr La-di-da we've got loads of RHIBs.  Best our club can afford is a rubber ring...well, we can't even afford that, we nicked the inflatable cushion that Bryan used to ease his farmers on club nights.  Still, had some good dives off it.  

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Nah, the RING (not piece before you jump to any more conclusions
).
The piles do come in handy though. We chuck him in the water face first and use the grapes as surface markers, works a treat.  He squeals a bit when we get the boat hook out to bring him in though.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

I'm not sure I like being verbally abused like this

So, hoping Dominic doesn't mind if I borrow his most excellent insult, all I can say to all of you is that one of your parents is a hampster and the other smells of elderberries  

Bryan

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm not sure I like being verbally abused like this
Well, I know you pay good money to be physically abused most weekends (Madame Whiplash and her 9" stilettos) so I should really be charging for this service.

Re: Dom's insult......'Go away or I shall taunt you some more', 'you son of a silly person' also 'English kernigerts' ring any bells?

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Nov. 18 2003,14:08)]........... also 'English kernigerts' ring any bells?
 ??

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Nov. 17 2003,13:48)]NB - this post is for the benefit of those who are too old and clapped out to carry their bottles on their back.
Thats all right for you to say with you'r twin 3ltr rig. Us proper divers have to carry ALL our breathing gas and its bloody heavy.    

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Mark that is possibly the worst excuse yet I have heard for getting a box, it just might work. One on the Xmas pressie list?

Matt

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Nov. 18 2003,15:21)]All will become clear..
Come back you coward and I'll bite your ankles off!  

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Nov. 20 2003,11:39)]
[b said:
will you fart in his general direction as well?!  

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate R @ Nov. 20 2003,12:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Nov. 20 2003,11:39)]
[b said:
will you fart in his general direction as well?!  
The thought is appealing but I'd never win that battle with Robin as he could fart for England.

I pitty the poor rescue diver if he ever needed cutting out of his drysuit (dibs on the YBOD)  

1 - 20 of 20 Posts