YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Prime mate
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all

Does anyone on here dive out of Lowestoft or know of any good diving opportunities there?

I'm jacking in my nonsense corporate job and going to learn boat-building on the Suffolk coast for a year, so any suggestions would be very welcome.  As long as they don't laugh at my long hose or pour scorn over my hopelessly unfashionable jetfins  

cheers

r

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Not a popular thread....why does none seem to dive in East Anglia?

Well, I thought I would say hello as I am based in Cambridge. I'm currently a warm water coward trying to get into UK diving, so if you know of anything happening or if you fancy doing a couple of dives with a relative newby (RD 66 dives 2 UK)  then let me know.

On a kind of related note, I was considering doing some suface courses over the winter, possibly including RYA Powerboat, as you are getting into the Marine industry maybe you could point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Conor

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Silty ,,,,,,,,

watch this space closely matey, I got the company and boat now , so planning things quickly

Andy

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

Ooh! Is that a promise Andy?

I have family in Beccles - might give me a reason to visit them!

Dom

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi all carrot crunchers

yeah, louigi & I have been doing some chatting on this subject, and as i'm a Has'bro lad anyway and would like to get back up there , i did offer to bring the boat up for some dives , as there is a lot of interest.

i'm slowly plodding though the bookings that i have from the company take over, and trying to work out how i can NOT be in two places at once

if you can bear with me for a bit ,,, i should be able to list quite a few dates

ANdy

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

I have family in Blakeney so would be very keen to hear of any YD orientated trip to the sticks!

I have done some diving in the area too!

Paul

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

Sounds promising Andy.

At the mo' I am in Brum, so I don't make the four hour trip to visit rellies that often - but it means I have a ready made base in Suffolk for a trip

Looking forward to the list.

Dom

·
Cut the crap and go diving!
414 Posts
Imported post

Hey Andy,

I could well be interested in something like that. I had an abortive attempt to dive out of Lowestoft last year. It involved getting up at 2.30am and driving 150 miles,getting on a boat and chugging north for an hour into a gale, then turning round and chugging back south to port followed by 150 mile drive home to get back about 2.00pm. There's meant to be some good stuff off the Norfolk coast...might be nice to get into the water this time!    

I have suffered in my time trying to get my fix.

You have my details.  

Alan    

1 - 8 of 8 Posts