YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'm going out to Torrevieja (nr Alicante) Spain for hols.  Looking for info re diving in this area.  Can anyone help ?

thanks

Pat

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'm off to Cabo de Palos which is near Murcia (south of Alicante) This is supposed to be the best diving in mainland Spain.
I don't personally know about the diving in the Alicante area but just flipped through a Spainsh dive mag and came with the following sites:

AliSub
Balula
Mermaid Diving
Cabo La Nao
Deniamar

You can also go to the PADI web site and eventually after some searching you can find a link to their list of clubs in Spain.
The diving should be good around that area. Let us know how it went, best of luck!
Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for all the info Chris.  I found a PADI centre in Santa Pola from Web which is not too far from Torrevieja.  I may try it.  I went to La Manga last year - have you been to Cabo de Palos before ?  

Pat

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Posted on June 18 2003,10:23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all the info Chris.  I found a PADI centre in Santa Pola from Web which is not too far from Torrevieja.  I may try it.  I went to La Manga last year - have you been to Cabo de Palos before ?  
Nope, going to dive with Planeta Azul. Going to Cabo de Palos for the first week of July then Cabo de Gata for the second week. Apparently Cabo de Palos should have very good diving (OK, this is relative comparing to Red Sea etch but maybe the best diving in the Peninsula), how did you enjoy La Manga?
My problem with La Manga area is the cost of board, in the end I found an Apartment to rent for €75/night, whilst at Cabo de Gata I was able to get a  place for €47/night.
Anyway have 10 days to go and can't wait!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>La Manga was very good - warm water, great viz and lots of sealife - makes a pleasant change from the cold, murky clyde.  I have no problem with accommodation as my father lives in Spain.  I'm counting the days as well - only 12 to go.

Enjoy your holiday

Pat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imported post

Hi there

I'm not sure about the distance, probably to far from Alicante but I went diving recently to a place call Herradura in southern spain, near nerja.  It is a beautiful spot and actually a marine nature reserve.  If you don't mind travelling or are in the area give it a dive it's fantastic, plenty to see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for Info Simonm - I will get my map of Spain & check it out

Cheers

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts