YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

i'm off to crete for 2 weeks in june.
it'll be my first time in tropical waters so i'm a bit excited.
do any of you lot know of any really good dives i should do while i'm there? i've e mailed a couple of companies so i'll soon know what to expect when i get there.
thankyou
ian.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Ian - see my trip report on page 4 of trip reports. I went to Rethmnon. If you need any more info let me know

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ian

The Island of Dias (think that's how you spell it), a couple of miles off Iraklion is an excellent dive. That's where the Minoan fleet went down 3,000 years ago, however diving around Crete is a bit restricted in certain areas.

Cheers Ron

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

chacked out your report and the pics kirky. from the pictures i reckon it'll do me just fine. being able to see your hand in front of me will be an experience in it's self. cheers for that. and thanks for your comments ron. i booked this as a cheap deal. does anyone know if i can blag a bit more baggage allowance for the old gear?
ta.
ian.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

who are you flying with - a lot of operators allow an extra 10kg for divers

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Thought Crete was great as a holiday destination, diving ok for the novelty of the water temp.

Whereabout are ya goin ian?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

well i'm buggered if i can spell it but it goes somthing like agios nickios. seems to be pretty much in the middle of things. i've looked up a couple of dive places there in the back of diver mag. no replys yet tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts