YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice regarding diving in Crete.
Me and my girl are jetting off there on the 26th of this month (sept 03), I wondered if any YD'ers have had any experience of this destination.

We'll be staying in Hersonissos, about 5k from Malia on the north coast of the island.
I've done all the standard web searches and got info on sites and centres so just looking to pack it out with some first hand advice/likes and dislikes before we go.

Incidently, we're both DL's and will be taking the necessary equip to twin up so deepies are a definite possibility.

Thanks guys, Stu.

·
Technical instructor and dive guide
112 Posts
Imported post

If you're near Hersonissos (East of Heraklion) - DO NOT got to Creta Maris Divers - worst experience of shoddy equipment and staff we've had. Try Pavlos (or Paul) who's just west of Agios Nikalaos (nice town - I think his e-mail address is [email protected]). Top bloke - good, safe diving, with Nitrox available.  Just follow the coast road west from the town, and it's a couple of bays along. He sometimes advertises in one of the dive mags - you might find a better entry in there, with address and useful info.  There's also a couple of dive centres on the seafront in Agios Nikalaos - one at least uses the "bottomless" lake in the town for training - but given the option, I'd plump for Paul - it just depends what type of diving you're after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts