YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"we're gonna need a bigger boat"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm trying to put together a dive trip to Malta and was wondering whether anyone has any recomendations for dive centres there.

I'm looking at doing the wrecks between 40 and 70m and so would need a place that is set up to do this sort of diving i.e. twin set and side mount hire, Helium, Oxygene and dive sorb for the rebreather guys. We would also like to dive from a hard boat rather than a RIB.

Cheers

Ian

·
For some bizarre reason....
6,297 Posts
Hi,

Not sure about Sorb, but Maltaqua can certainly handle everything else on your list, and accomodation car hire transfers etc. Seemed a good crowd when we were there in March. Can't speak for the other outfits, but try pm'ing Scubasue on here - now resident in Gozo.

Cheers, Paul

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Strand Diving.

They are the people who have been doing the deep stuff the longest.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Another vote for Maltaqua.

I know Mark Powell was using them for his trip in March to do Sues nitrox, and a couple of Trimix courses.

Dave, one of the permanent instructors, flies a rebreather as well. They can certainly sort you out with twinsets, mix and the like.

Stu!

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Strand or Maltaqua will do you fine, If you need sorb then Strand was cheaper when I enquired.
When we were out there a few years ago Pierre Farrugia who is a poster on YD joined us for some dives. he's the best person to ask for current info as he lives in malta and dives a YBOD.
HTH
Simon A

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tech diving on Malta

Hi Ian,
We will be happy to help you organise your trip, we can supply you with , mixed gases and a hard boat charter. As well as accommodation and airport transfers.
We have Inspiration tanks for rental and sorb.
You can email me if you like on
[email protected]

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Ian

I can second (or is it third ;)) Maltaqua ... and if you happen to pop over to Gozo I can do :beer: :D

Sue

·
Banned
246 Posts
Strand or Maltaqua will do you fine from me as well !!

if you use Maltaqua say hello to Dangerous Dave! from me ;)

strand are really good as well Good luck with the boat's over there !!
(You will find they even dive off the painted ones ! Not easy to get back in to with full kit) But a lot of fab diving over there

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
(You will find they even dive off the painted ones ! Not easy to get back in to with full kit) But a lot of fab diving over there
Tell me about it ;) I still have remnants of bruises three weeks later - but they are out of sight :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts