YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of going to Turkey this September and have never been there before.

I am looking at the Kemer area, but wondered if anyone here had been and could enlighten me to how the diving is there and who you would recommend to dive with.

Thanks in advance

Tim

PS: is there any strange diving regulations I should be aware of prior to going (i.e. no night/wreck diving etc).

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dived in Turkey a few years ago on a liveaboard, don't expect to see much aquatic life. There are some interesting sites, mainly rock formations.

There are some wrecks out there, but they have been restricted and are generally off limits to divers.

Take a thick wetsuit with you, the water is not as warm as the Red Sea.

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Turkey Diving

Hello

Dived Marmaris/Icmeler last September. Not alot to see at all really, saw a couple of crazy "fried egg" jelly fish and a baby octopus and about 5 fish in total out of 4 dives, but you might be lucky!!

I do love Turkey, but for the shopping!! I wouldn't dive there again!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi

Don't bother with marmaris. Its Chav city!

Bodrum is a lot better and just as cheap. The large and small reefs in bodrum harbour are well worth a dive, loads of life, we even had dolphins one day.
Water was around the 25C mark. Air was around 38-40C, that was late september.

Bodrum is also a nice place . Plenty to see and do, and the food is great! Though stay out of Gumbet unless you like the 18-30 scene.

I loved Bodrum, did my rescue course for £80 all in, cheap as chips, and great insructors too.

Hope this helps.

Steve:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.