YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Whilst checking the WWW to see if I could find any more famous diver celebs for Lesley SS I came across the below web site.

I seem to recall (may have been just a joke/my imagination) seeing some post somewhere about the DIR people having an opinion on the correct things to drink to keep the body best hydrated. As all debates GUE/DIR seem to get quite opinionated I wondered if the relevant bit in the diving myths agreed/contradicted the current advice.

Anyway, I thought this may be of some interest to someone - only six items so it doesn't take long to check over.

Diving Myths

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

Interesting, although I'm not sure I would trust 'Dr. Robert Murray, Director of the Gatorade Exercise Physiology Laboratory' for impartial advice!

As far as I remember, dive guides use a home made solution of water with some sugar and salt or add commercial 'rehydration salts' commonly available at the pharmacies there.

·
Membership Cancelled
980 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>We use Lucozade Sport for long caving/diving trips.  If anyone here works for GlaxoSmithKlineBeachamBoots&EveryoneElse can I have a free case of them if I say how great they are.

Good for hangovers too - so I've heard - not that I ever drink to excess.

Duncan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts