YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just thought I'd upload some images from yesterday's dive. Hans Petter and his girlfriend Isabel wanted to do a nice and shallow dive since she's new to drysuit-diving. I tagged along just to shoot pics and be their third wheel :)

The divesite is here in Harstad, about 500 meters from my house. I must say I'm quite fortunate in that I live so close to the sea. Next thing I need is a compressor so that I don't have to go across town to fill my tanks.  

Hmm.. som troubles.. pictures will follow in the next posts.

Kyrre

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Here's Hans Petter and a not so friendly jellyfish at about 12 meters. They were in abundance though not really a problem since it was light.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>And here's a lumpsucker down at 7 meters. She wasn't too keen on staying around us so off she went. This is the one pic I got. Fast lumpsucker? That's new!  

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>And finally Hans Petter and Isabel on their return. It was only afterwards Isabel found out she'd actually been down at 19 meters and experienced no problems using her suit. Guess she's a qualified drysuitdiver then

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Excellent pics - love the jelly !!!

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Bloody hell, Kyrre! Will you stop posting all these pics with crystal clear viz.

First my chin hits the floor in absolute wonder, but then my bottom lip soon follows in a pouting sulk!

If I wasn't from up north (and so by definition, "well 'ard") I'd be crying by now!

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

In the last pic, what are the lines/ropes attached to the divers?

tom

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tom @ Sep. 23 2003,12:41)]In the last pic, what are the lines/ropes attached to the divers?

tom
<font color='#0000FF'>As CMAS-divers we're used to using a socalled buddy line in order to increase safety, or whatever.
Works great when you're new to diving, in currents, and in murky conditions.

In this case they use it since she's new to drysuit diving.
I almost always use a buddyline when I'm out diving with my wife. She's more comfortable and that makes her dive all the more enjoyable.

It is best done with about 3-4 meter line, some buoyant object tied off in the middle, and some rubber chord around the wrist.

Kyrre

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

OK, now I understand! In the last picture (where the buoyant object is obviously floating) it looked as though the divers were roped to something at the surface.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tom @ Sep. 23 2003,16:49)]OK, now I understand! In the last picture (where the buoyant object is obviously floating) it looked as though the divers were roped to something at the surface.
<font color='#0000FF'>Hey, it'd be great to have a crane attached to the top. So much easier getting out of the water...  

Kyrre

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'm not done yet.
This here is my wife Kate (with splitfins) at the bow of the wreck Karmøy near Harstad.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>And here's my web-found buddy Svein at the rudder.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Lovely pics, Kyrre, and fantastic vis, but SHE (the lumpsucker)??? Unless I'm colour blind, that's a male in mating colours. The female is greenish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts