YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

WOW!!! bren i didnt think anyone would be so stupid to take any kind of recreational drug before diving let alone some of the harder drugs like cocaine.i think these people are on a one way trip to the mortuary.i cant even believe some of the people seem so blazet on useing these drugs on the same day as there dive these comments are bloody frightening. how far can a dive shop who provides diving services on a party island to coin a term,to stop these people diving knowing they have to make money as most diving abroad is based on commercial gain. i suppose its an inevituble there are accidents waiting to happpen

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Yeah seen that courtesy of Dave Covey's    post  on BSAC forum. In places it is scientifically very very wrong and IMO the subject has been sensationalized. My view is that if diving doesn't give you enough of a buzz by itself, getting wasted beforehand ain't gonna do it either.
But there's nowt funnier than folk, eh

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>hopefully they'll all get wasted and leave us in peace. If they end up in davey jones locker so much the better, it'll save the nhs the problem of looking after them. If they want to use this shit then i dont mind taking them to meet Davey Jones. Perminantly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Imported post

Doesn't sound like a good idea, can't see how it is any worse than diving under the influence of alcohol though. (also very stupid)

Anyway Darwinism in action

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I can't believe people can be this stupid, or that someone took them out in a boat in that state. Most divers I know are simply high on life. It doesn't get better than that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>But surely all the guy was trying to ask was what is the genuine risk of diving after recreational drug use the night before. It seems like a sensible question, we all know what the effects of drinking and diving are yet most dive trips involve a lot of alcohol. It seems reasonable on an Island where many divers will have taken ecstasy the night before to attempt to find out what the actual risk is.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

Just thought i'd ressurect this oldish thread as we had Marguerite St Leger from the DDRC give a talk at our club last night.  V. interesting stuff but this is the interesting part -

Alcohol stays in the body for 24hrs
Cocaine and sh*t like that stay in the bod for about a week
Hallucinogenic drugs (inc cannabis) stay in the system for 3 weeks!!!  

DDRC

·
Registered
62 Posts
Imported post

as usual the late great philosopher Willam Melvyn Hicks has a pertinent points to raise in debates such as these:

You never see a positive drugs story on the news, do ya?
No. Always negative.
News is supposed to be objective, isn't it. Supposed to be. THE news.
But every drug story is negative.
But Hold it! I've had some killer times on drugs.
I'm not promoting it but I'm not denying it - let's hear the whole story.
Same LSD story every time "Young man on acid, thought he could fly jumped out of a building, what a tragedy."
What a dick! Don't go blaming acid on this guy.
He thought he could fly, why didn't he take off from the ground first to check it out. He's an idiot, he's dead. Good! You mean there's one less door knob in the world. Whoa! what a tragedy.
Why so down Bill? We're missing a moron. We're missing a moron.
I'd like to see a positive LSD story. Would that be newsworthy? Just once, hear what it's all about.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather."

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Isn't there also something about normal prescription drugs having some mind-bending effects under Nitrox?

Phil, what was the story about Sudafed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts