2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>i just wonder, i am, in loch fyne with my camera

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

Bl00dy Hell!!!! Wished I had had some planned. Just got back from a weekend staying down in Selsey with friends. Today was flat calm, not a spot of wind (apart from the self generated stuff) and glorious sunshine.

Would have been a fantsatic day to be out on the sea, but did I have my kit, had I organised anything - had I bu99ery!!  

Simon

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>No diving but was at the NDC for a vhf marine radio course. watched everyone else diving. There were a number of YBOD & KISS setup's there today.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

well all i can say is u r a braver man than me brrrrrrr i was at the cove yesterday and after 3 dives i was froze!!!!!! also first thing in the morning i put my mask on top of the car and the bloody thing stuck to the roof with the ice i hated it so much i will be there next saturday for some more

·
Steve Johnson
299 Posts
Imported post

Yes, another day at sea
What a glorious day, clear blue sky, lots of sun, and a flat calm sea, what else to do except go diving.
We dived The City of Waterford 30mtrs today, only 2mtrs vis but very acceptable. Sea temp was a very cool 8 degrees & yesterday we dived the Bessell an 1880's sailing ship in 65mtrs, Deep, Dark, Very Cold but what a spidge fest

·
Steve Johnson
299 Posts
Imported post

Yes, another day at sea
What a glorious day, clear blue sky, lots of sun, and a flat calm sea, what else to do except go diving.
We dived The City of Waterford 30mtrs today, only 2mtrs vis but very acceptable. Sea temp was a very cool 8 degrees & yesterday we dived the Bessell an 1880's sailing ship in 65mtrs, Deep, Dark, Very Cold but what a spidge fest

Steve

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

So if you were out Saturday Steve what were conditions like? We were booked to go but Paul canned it as he said there was heavy swell???

Mark Chase

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hey Steve.

What's a spidge fest?

l bet the vis was good as well?

Spent today replacing my boiler,  bl**dy busmans holiday, wifee refused to pay the labour charge, l gave her the choice dosh or 'in kind' as well.  

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>this is catching I ended up pipeing in a gas supply for a cooker. My fkin own.
No call out no pay nothing except my bloody dinner.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Imported post

Not so much as Sunday but an excellent dive at St Catherines on Loch Fyne on Saturday.

By the time we arrived at the site it was a beautiful winters day, bloody freezing but bright sunshine and water flat calm with thick layer of frost on the shore. Just past high tide so the vis was a decent 5-8 meters. Switched on computer and it read an air temperature of about  -1 degree. Got kited up and headed for the water. Surface water temp was about 2 degrees but warmed up to about 10 degrees at Max depth (21.8m). Plenty of life (Squat Lobsters, Edible Crabs, a couple of huge Starfish, Lovely bright purple Sea Urchins and lots of Prawns (I think, not exactly "up" on these things). On surfacing were met by about 15 - 20 faces (Edinburgh club up for a training dive (Hello to anyone who was there)) After a not too cold SI, changed cylinders and did a second dive. This time not so much life (a few Scallops) and vis had deteriorated a bit.

This was dive 52 and 53 and I have just finished my log book. I need to either buy a new one or knock one up in Word. (If anybody has already done this then please feel free to pass this on). Returned home by the Dunoon ferry and some lovely views of this part of West Central Scotland.

Thanks,
/Colin

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exnavyboy @ Jan. 19 2004,14:41)]Was in Bournemouth & Swanage over this last glorious weekend. Couldn't dive though.. Got ENGAGED!!
congratulations!

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mdemon @ Jan. 19 2004,14:55)]
Beautiful day in Plymouth.  Vis not good - about 1 to 2m, but good enough.  And some scallops too... ;-)
It's going to be shite viz until they finish dredging Millbay pit.
 I thoroughly enjoyed it, plenty of people turned up to dive because of the weather being good for a change. I din't see anyone elses torch light considering it was like Piccadilly circus down there.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DougParker @ Jan. 19 2004,17:54)]I din't see anyone elses torch light considering it was like Piccadilly circus down there.
Did that include not seeing John's?  

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exnavyboy @ Jan. 19 2004,14:41)]Was in Bournemouth & Swanage over this last glorious weekend. Couldn't dive though.. Got ENGAGED!!
Congratulations - can we assume there will be a YD stag weekend and YD reception.... or at least a YD gig at Swanage to commemorate your engagement?
??  

Simon

PS - and before you ask sorry I wont be able to organsie it - I am getting done this year; married that is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts