YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to dive out of Bridlington or off Flamborough this year????
From our previous years experience it hasn't been worth getting in before June (oh we had tried with zero vis) but we have has so many days of good weather I wondered if it might be worth going this weekend.
So any idea of vis ?????

regards Steven

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Has anyone attempted to dive out of Bridlington or off Flamborough this year????
From our previous years experience it hasn't been worth getting in before June (oh we had tried with zero vis) but we have has so many days of good weather I wondered if it might be worth going this weekend.
So any idea of vis ?????

regards Steven
I am going out to test the RIB this weekend and probably going to take a dip. Will let you know what the viz is like but usually we are lucky if it is clear in early June. I have had good viz in May once before many years ago.

Gary

·
Radioactive Diver
250 Posts
So any idea of vis ?????

regards Steven
Dived out of Brid a couple of weeks back. Went out to the Stanburn, thinking we would clear the mud line and get some reasonable vis. Nope! Was about 1m with a FBT. Lots of wildlife in the water.....fish fry, shrimp, krill etc, loved the lights, but couldn't see much!
May go out this week just to ping some wrecks, but won't bother diving for maybe a couple more weeks yet.

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dived out of Brid a couple of weeks back. Went out to the Stanburn, thinking we would clear the mud line and get some reasonable vis. Nope! Was about 1m with a FBT. Lots of wildlife in the water.....fish fry, shrimp, krill etc, loved the lights, but couldn't see much!
May go out this week just to ping some wrecks, but won't bother diving for maybe a couple more weeks yet.
thanks for that
Do you happen to have - or anyone else
the gps co-ordinates for the Lightship??

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ref: 53 44 784 N
000 35 576 E

20 Naut miles E from Withernsea
35 Naut miles SE from Brid harbour
Ivon, your name came up yesterday as someone who would know!
thanks I appreciate it.

cheers Steven

1 - 7 of 7 Posts