YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, there is a Gig this September which will be spending sometime out of the flow to the Northern Isles.

At the moment, Garf and I are trying to work out gas logistics and would like to know which wrecks you must dive if you are going to the Northern Isles. We are looking at a maximum of 55m but anything in the region of 30-55m will be considered as first dives and upto 30m for second dives. We are looking at 2 days diving, so 4 dives total.

So, if you were going to dive in the Northern Isles, which wrecks must you see?

Regards

·
Darren of the Deep
929 Posts
As some of you know, there is a Gig this September which will be spending sometime out of the flow to the Northern Isles.

At the moment, Garf and I are trying to work out gas logistics and would like to know which wrecks you must dive if you are going to the Northern Isles. We are looking at a maximum of 55m but anything in the region of 30-55m will be considered as first dives and upto 30m for second dives. We are looking at 2 days diving, so 4 dives total.

So, if you were going to dive in the Northern Isles, which wrecks must you see?

Regards
Hampshire great dive 63m viz well over 35m.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hampshire great dive 63m viz well over 35m.
Thanks, but we are on OC and are going to be either T1 or TDI Normonxic Trimix qualified. However, with 35m viz I suppose you can see it quite nicely from 50m :)

Isn't it a protected wreck site? Not wanting to get into the poo over this :embarassed:

Thanks

·
Darren of the Deep
929 Posts
Thanks, but we are on OC and are going to be either T1 or TDI Normonxic Trimix qualified. However, with 35m viz I suppose you can see it quite nicely from 50m :)

Isn't it a protected wreck site? Not wanting to get into the poo over this :embarassed:

Thanks
Yes she is know but not when i dived it back in 1997.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
LMFAO :D Can't we do it on a YBOD - on air - in the 35m viz you can quite clearly see Elvis riding Shergar across the deck - bugger all this expesnive Helium nonsense

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
lots of available stuff without putting the MODs nose out of joint

but actually most of the best trimix range stuff is slightly deeper.

I recommend you talk to Ian the Invincibles skipper as he has done many of the dives out there .....

Hazel

·
Registered
298 Posts
Out of interest, are any of you DIR people doing any decent diving or are you just pissing about in the shallows, I would be interested to know that you are putting all that training and team work to good use.

Cheers

Richard Green

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes thanks ;)

·
Darren of the Deep
929 Posts
LMFAO :D Can't we do it on a YBOD - on air - in the 35m viz you can quite clearly see Elvis riding Shergar across the deck - bugger all this expesnive Helium nonsense
If you new anything about battle ships you would have know that must sink ;) up side down i would stick to the helium if i was you.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now we have had the 'My dick is bigger than yours' posts, and a post from Hazel to contact Ian (thanks), and a PM with some info, can we get this thread back on track please? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.