YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and I are fairly new to diving & have just been given a holiday Perran Sands - just wondered if anyone knows of any decent diving school in the area that would be willing to take us diving

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
My partner and I are fairly new to diving & have just been given a holiday Perran Sands - just wondered if anyone knows of any decent diving school in the area that would be willing to take us diving
You won't be diving out of Perran - nothing to see. Miles of sandy beaches with some good waves when the conditions are right. Take your surfboard.

Actually Perran is a 'dive' itself, apart from the watering hole (Bar on the beach).

You're prob best off going to Newquay.

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
You won't be diving out of Perran - nothing to see. Miles of sandy beaches with some good waves when the conditions are right. Take your surfboard.

Actually Perran is a 'dive' itself, apart from the watering hole (Bar on the beach).

You're prob best off going to Newquay.
Golf is better in Perranporth than Newquay though.

·
Mark Milburn
4,077 Posts
There are some cracking dives around Perranporth, you will need a boat for most though. You can shore dive from St Agnes, but its a PITA in summer time with all the holiday makers. There's a good shore dive at Newquay.

Bawden Rocks off St Agnes is a top dive, Chick Rock is also good. A little further out you have as many wrecks as you could ever want. The sea is flat at the moment and perfect for north coast diving. BUT, there is no-one apart from Chris at Newquay taking divers out there. Craig might in his RHIB if you can get a few together.

As Neil says shore dives aren't that easy around there as the sea slopes very slowly into the Atlantic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.