YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Mine is to dive in the winter at least twice a month! Once I am in I don't regret it cos it's cold but the vis is amazing!

I also promise myself I will at least go shopping and consider a dry suit. Just worried about peeing accidentally in it/ not liking the feel of it and never using it/ having to wear more weight!

LOL not peing in the shop.... I mean once it''s mine, in the water.

So what is your resolution(s)?

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

Dive more, but spend less doing it! Not sure how I'm going to achieve this one  

Actually I do - no more new kit (spent fair wad last year getting kitted out for Uk properly; drysuit, undersuit, EPIRB etc), only one overseas trip, and DM as much as possible...

Dave.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

To stop talking abt getting a CCR and start doing something abt it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Imported post

Instead of hauling my ass out of bed at 4am to get a parking space at Stoney, drive to the coast and do a decent dive instead.

Oh, and finish the mapping project for my DM !

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JohnH @ Dec. 08 2003,12:59)]Instead of hauling my ass out of bed at 4am to get a parking space at Stoney, drive to the coast and do a decent dive instead.
That one should be mandatory for everyone  

I guess I be remaking the usual one which I always fail at, do 100 UK dives this year...  But also resolving to have multiple dive holidays abroad next year, yayyyyyyy!!!!  

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

to think about the money i have to save for scapa next year whenever i decide i need some new kit....

and to try to teach in the pool as often as possible

·
Registered
283 Posts
Imported post

Absolutely right Steve, if everyone else goes off to the coast, I won't need to get up so early to get a parking space.

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dcrampt @ Dec. 08 2003,13:18)]To pay for all the dive kit I bought this year...
Darn! I knew there as another I'd fogotten  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

To be more clear-headed and to stop putting myself in situations where my next retort has to be: "Sorry mate, I didn't know she was your wife......!"

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Imported post

New Year's Resolution

For my New Year's resolution I have decided to be polite, patient and honest.  I will be open to the opinion of others and balanced in my views about dive equipment configuration, recognising that there are sometime more ways of doing things than my own.
Furthermore I have decided to stop using biggoted expletives about people who I have never met.

George Irvine 3

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For my New Year's resolution I have decided to be polite, patient and honest.  I will be open to the opinion of others and balanced in my views about dive equipment configuration, recognising that there are sometime more ways of doing things than my own.
Furthermore I have decided to stop using biggoted expletives about people who I have never met.
That sounds like one I could use, maybe George is my role model after all, I've go the Speedos anyway.

My resolution - get my breathing rate down, cheaper than a twin set anyway.  

Matt

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

I'm going to give up the womanising and poetry.  At the moment things are just going from bed to verse...

Oh yes, and do more sea diving in the UK.  After a summer of training to get my sports diver,  I'm looking forward to getting into the sea more.

dan.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Robert @ Dec. 08 2003,15:52)]Go to Truk before all the wrecks fall apart!

Robert
You might want to keep in touch with Andrew and I as we want to do that too.

I know that to get fitter is not a totaly diving thing but diving is one of the primary motevs for doing so. Soooo

To get fitter, less booze less **** less McD's more excercise.

Yeah I know

Its right up there with spend less on diving as one that will go out of the window before the end of January.

Mark Chase

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi

To do as many wrecks as possible in the 40-60 mtr range.

To do Cave 1 in Florida

To do the Great North Run

To go on more YD trips

Andy

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Try and not get bent for the third year in a row

Peter

1 - 20 of 55 Posts