YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Okay guys.  Next week is when C and I hit Kerry for a week of Murphys and beaches....and hopefully some top diving.

Can anyone recommend some dive outfits?  We are hoping to use Baliinskelligs Watersports but as all his bookings are all inclusive with accomodation and we are just wanting a few days we can't book.  Hence we would like some back-up contacts out that way, so if anyone has been, or knows of any (preferably from good experiences!) then I would appreciate your help.

Secondly, what is the gen on taking tanks?  If all fails I would like to get some shore diving in and we planned on taking our own tanks for this, but can I get a fill there with different legislations and what have you?

Cheers
for any help

Lou

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hi Lou.

The only advice l can offer is, do not use Ronny Fitz..something of Waterworld on the dingle peninsular, which is a bit further north than the Balinskelligs.

We went there about 7 yrs ago, a party of 30 divers + approx 20 non divers, most stayed in his accomodation.
Everything about his operation was poor, food, accomodation, atitude, only 10 ltr tanks, although they could fill nitrox they couldn't find the o2 analizer so no nitrox and most of all poor quality dives.

Whenever l have spoken to anyone who has dived Ireland they agree, but l have heard nothing but praise about Balinskelligs Watersports.

Didn't help that their was a storm on the way over and the Ferry hit the Harbour wall and then got diverted to Dublin.

Have a good holiday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imported post

went to doolin in co claire last year caving, the ferry people only wanted to know if my cylinders where stowed securely, so prety cool really!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts