YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Please don’t think this too trivial a thing to ask, but does anyone know if diving to 60+ metres with breast implants is safe?  Have been toying with the idea, but diving comes first.

Thanks

P

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pippi @ Sep. 16 2003,13:24)]Please don’t think this too trivial a thing to ask, but does anyone know if diving to 60+ metres with breast implants is safe?  Have been toying with the idea, but diving comes first.

Thanks

P
Not a trivial thing at all - on behalf of all the boys I am sure we would all like be able to offer you our support. Indeed, we would be happy to toy with the idea too.

Well - you had to expect one stupid reply.

Diver mag has a "contact the diving Doctor" bit - maybe an online option as well.

I can not see there would be any problem unless there were air/other gas present in the implant. Pls note that is an opinion only.

[EDIT] - try the following link.

DAN - B/Implants

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Just applyin logic to it, and since the odds are you would be wearing a dry-suit thus eliminating any side benifits for other divers, it would make little difference. Pressure would compress them. Since most of the newer implants use a saline solution instead of silicone then none at all. Expansion would be the problem.

As an aside, and from a bit of personal experience as a bloke getting ----- errrr ----- close to them. Don't do it!!!!!!!!

Another aside, we have a dive booked next week out of Littlehampton to do the Bessel. It is at 65M and we need more divers to get the boat to go out. Are you interested.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,314 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks v much for all your replies.  The article was very interesting and reassuring (thanks John and Finless for sending the link).

Andrew, thanks for the offer to dive the Bessel out of Littlehampton, but we are diving out of Brighton this weekend and then off to South China Sea to dive on the Prince of Wales and the Repulse in just over a week's time.  Otherwise the offer would be v tempting (especially as our present club doesn't do much below 40 m).  

Thanks again and happy diving!

P

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Pip,

Good to have you aboard and good luck with any and all subsequent 'enhancements' you may have. Any chance of a detailed trip report (travel arrrangements, accom/liveabaord, kit used, gax mixes, dives on the wrecks etc.) when ya get back from the 'Repulse' and 'Prince of Wales'??

Us lesser mortals don't get out that way 'too often' and so I reckon it would make for splendid reading. Dive safe to you and your crew.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

No problem.

I am at the moment being a 'girly-swot' and reading 'Battleship - The loss of the Prince of Wales and the Repulse' to get some background information.  

Will let you know all the details when I am back.

Regards

P

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] but does anyone know if diving to 60+ metres with breast implants is safe?

Ya have no problems,,,,,,,,,, i sometimes have a sort of buddy thats a RIGHT TIT

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts