YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

All,

I am trying to find a way to rig up a "large volume" emergency oxygen kit. I am hoping to get a set up using a 10 or 12 litre cylinder with (hopefully) both an oro-nasal  demand valve and a contant flow.

I don`t want to go down the "hire a bigger cylinder" route as I have a ready supply of O2 and can easily fill normal tanks with O2.

My idea for the moment is to get a standard O2 regulator and then a DIN to Pin Index converter for the tank. Does anyone know where I can get one of these. I have found a German website which has similar, but only having done GCSE german, and working with a german non diver, my ability to find out exactly what I am getting is difficult.

What I would however ideally like to hear about is similar being done using a standard (O2 clean) SCUBA regulator. I am thinking a oro-nasal mask might be "persuaded" to fit a normal reg, but it is the constant flow I am a little stuck on.

Any ideas?

Paul

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>My plan  (at some point, when I get around to it) is to get a 10l or 12 liter O2 clean tank, fill with 100% O2,
then for the reg, get one of these Emergency O2 delivery system , which will also double as your deco reg minus the oro-nasal doodad;  et voila! bob's your auntie's live in lover  

HTH
Steve
PS if you've already got aregular O2 DV you can get the tank adaptor from sub-aqua products
SAP
look under oxygen decanting and charging equipment, (creating a link directly to it didn't work) there's a wide variety of fittings

HTH
Steve

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks Steve, that is exactly the info I was after.

I have emailed OMS to ask if the oro-nasal mask is available separatly as I already have an OMS deco reg. Simply buying the mask would be very handy (and hopefully cheap!!)

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts