YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again the diving God's have wreaked havoc on my weekend and my dive was cancelled. So, as I wont be diving in August and we are probably moving in September (which will probably mean no diving in September either) and as I am about o go work in Holland should I book myself up for a Padi refresher course. If I should, does anyone know of a decent Instructor who will treat me gently as I am none to confident in the water. Water, that's that stuff they have at places like Wraysbury and Stoney isnt it. You see I wont be able to do any of that complicated stuff like deco diving (what is deco diving??) as I will be flying every Monday back to cloggie land.

I did however have some retail therapy at the weekend, not sure if it was appropriate though> I bought one of those funny dial things that tells you how much oxygen you have in your tank, it's identical to the other one I have attached to the other oxygen tank I have, both of which are connected to a jackety thing, not sure what any of its for though at the moment. I might need some new flippers soon as my ones seem to have mildew all over them. I got the nice man at the shop to fit it as I dont like fiddling with my kit, is that the correct term? He said I could do a course with them, but I dont trust them, they said I only need one of those tank things, that can't be right can it.

Matt

·
www.finingaround.co.uk
1,826 Posts
I can offer you an exclusive offer on a FIN refrersher course we will cover all the basics and some more advanced skills like gettign your flippers on the correct feet and changing gogles under water.

This is a very worth while couse and I have plenty of spaces avaliable due the the complexity of the teaching meathods employeed coupled with live updates from google earth.

If you would like to post a chque for £250 and tell me the date you can go to stoney I'll supervise you from my office and email/text you feed back after every dive.

Fin

Once again the diving God's have wreaked havoc on my weekend and my dive was cancelled. So, as I wont be diving in August and we are probably moving in September (which will probably mean no diving in September either) and as I am about o go work in Holland should I book myself up for a Padi refresher course. If I should, does anyone know of a decent Instructor who will treat me gently as I am none to confident in the water. Water, that's that stuff they have at places like Wraysbury and Stoney isnt it. You see I wont be able to do any of that complicated stuff like deco diving (what is deco diving??) as I will be flying every Monday back to cloggie land.

I did however have some retail therapy at the weekend, not sure if it was appropriate though> I bought one of those funny dial things that tells you how much oxygen you have in your tank, it's identical to the other one I have attached to the other oxygen tank I have, both of which are connected to a jackety thing, not sure what any of its for though at the moment. I might need some new flippers soon as my ones seem to have mildew all over them. I got the nice man at the shop to fit it as I dont like fiddling with my kit, is that the correct term? He said I could do a course with them, but I dont trust them, they said I only need one of those tank things, that can't be right can it.

Matt

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Would that price include manuals, PIC card and final exam results, do you need two pictures for the PIC card?
I would also like to know if its one on one and if you can supply any references as I dont wish to just do it with some bloke off the Internet without doing a full checkup of his quals, I'm sure you understand.

I must add I am also very nervous of taking off my googles underwater, I tried it in the bath and that wasnt too bad but the chlorine in the pool hurt my eyes last week and now I can only see out of one eye.

Where is this Stoney place, wouldnt a watery place be better?

Matt

·
www.finingaround.co.uk
1,826 Posts
All paper work will be emailed after the chque has cleared.
you will be able to look at the number of posts I have made to verify I must be a dive god
If you are nervos of remving your googles then for an additional £120 you could do the FFM course which will not require this skill to be demonstraighted.
obviously as an agency we do not condone solo diving so we have arranged for a buddy for you his name is god and will be watching over you even though you won't see him. you also won't see me due to the google earth assesment system.

Fin

Would that price include manuals, PIC card and final exam results, do you need two pictures for the PIC card?
I would also like to know if its one on one and if you can supply any references as I dont wish to just do it with some bloke off the Internet without doing a full checkup of his quals, I'm sure you understand.

I must add I am also very nervous of taking off my googles underwater, I tried it in the bath and that wasnt too bad but the chlorine in the pool hurt my eyes last week and now I can only see out of one eye.

Where is this Stoney place, wouldnt a watery place be better?

Matt

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Matt... there is diving in the Netherlands you know. It doesn't involve a boat and the sea is behind a wall. Even you can't bollox that up....

I can do you a beseerk refresher if you like when I get to my dad's - we could dive in gildenburgh (dive inn gildenburgh ? I've heard that somewhere before :D)

Mind if it carries on raining (its raining again here today) you will be able to go diving without leaving home.

Chris

·
10,679 Posts
Might I suggest a PADI EFR course in the mean time? ...
Edible Fried Rat?
Enormous Fat Ringworm?
Elongated Furry Raccoon?
Extrapolated First Rabbit?
Earwig's Fart Rumblings?
Elephant's Fanny Rag?

Oh I just can't keep up with these specialities....

Chris

·
10,679 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.