YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Juvenile member of Team Grey....
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question,
Does anyone know if Northern Diver do air/nitrox fills. I know that I can just pop in and ask, but they aint open yet. Easiest thing in the world for me to pop the tanks into the car and drop them off when I leave the kids at school, but dont want to bother lugging several tanks around if there is no point (shortness of time today).
cheers in advance
Danny.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Quick question,
Does anyone know if Northern Diver do air/nitrox fills. I know that I can just pop in and ask, but they aint open yet. Easiest thing in the world for me to pop the tanks into the car and drop them off when I leave the kids at school, but dont want to bother lugging several tanks around if there is no point (shortness of time today).
cheers in advance
Danny.
1. They do air. 2. "Fill" is somewhat optimistic. 3. Never seen nitrox there.

I'm not a regular visitor due to 2. and the shop isn't my favourite.

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. The shop isnt a favourite of mine either, but I am in that much of a rush, and I dont want to have to fill up near the site in the morning. I would rather travel to Bolton or Manchester, but ND is just round the corner, literally.
cheers

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
You can get air at Eccy Delph, not a million miles away, if you don't mind putting up with the miserable sod in the shop.

Reactions: bluewolf

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fantastic idea. For some reason, I had completely forgotten about Eccy Delph (used to swim there when I was a kid). Just popped in, filled the tanks, back home..all in 10 minutes.
Nice..

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
You can get air at Eccy Delph, not a million miles away, if you don't mind putting up with the miserable sod in the shop.
I have a question, as a businessman.

Why would anyone put a person who is a miserable git in a "customer facing" position? If they're miserable, stick them in the post room.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Barry owns the shop and John owns the quarry and filling station.
Not sure which of them is being referred to as "the miserable git" ATM
I've only been once. I don't know who it was but going into the shop to ask for a fill and listening to the guy telling his customers how "f***ing pakis shouldn't be allowed to drive", having a lecture about the state of my kit and having a moan about Scottish money aren't things that would encourage me back.

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They were both there (I think) but Barry is the one who helped me. A bit abrupt, but filled the tanks and said hello to my little girl (2 years old). seemed ok to me. I will definately go back, even though the fill will more than likely drop back to 200-210 bar by this evening (like most dive site fills).

·
Hello world
91 Posts
Most fills do decrease after cooling , we was filling bottles for the weekend on our shiny new compressor last night ( please shine on Donegal ) and I left mine to cool for at least a hour and then "topped up " and it was suprising how much it took extra, I am sure like a well poured pint of the black stuff (tar) the dive shop will be more than happy to top you up !:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.