YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a secondhand sartek tourch last year (or may be the year before that?) and dont seem to have had much luck with it.....some times it works and others/nearly all the time, it doesn't. The problem is the switch. It usually turns on but as soon the the knob/switch is touched or moved in the slightest it turns off even when its still on the on position. I have had it working by holding the switch in place during the dive but doing the 'im a little teapot' the whole dive isn't great.

I finally took the little rubber cover off to have a look and it seems to work and stay on with out this but what i can replace it with? Any one had a sartek and had a similar problem?

Poxy rubber cover that screws down

switch which works fine without the poxy cover thing

Cheers

George

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Yep, bog standard switch, available all over the place but I'd start with RS or similar.

Alternatively you could replace it with a switch from elsewhere, though that might involve drills and taps which might not be much fun to do.

Have you checked for continuity to make sure it's not a problem with the soldering or similar, you pushing the switch might be making the connection and otherwise not, easy to check the switch with a multimeter.

Digs.

·
Disgruntled Member
563 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a secondhand sartek tourch last year (or may be the year before that?) and dont seem to have had much luck with it.....some times it works and others/nearly all the time, it doesn't. The problem is the switch. It usually turns on but as soon the the knob/switch is touched or moved in the slightest it turns off even when its still on the on position. I have had it working by holding the switch in place during the dive but doing the 'im a little teapot' the whole dive isn't great.

I finally took the little rubber cover off to have a look and it seems to work and stay on with out this but what i can replace it with? Any one had a sartek and had a similar problem?

Poxy rubber cover that screws down

switch which works fine without the poxy cover thing

Cheers

George
hi

did you get in touch with Sartek, if you havnt done it yet, this would be my first suggestion.

harold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts