YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I want to go on a break to the Dominican Republic and dive whilst there! It is in the Tropics so there should be some reasonable to good dives. ANY INFO?? Drop me a line even if you went there just for a holiday.
Mike

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

Been to Dom Rep 3 times.  Havent got the info with me, if you know where you are going post or let me know and I'll have a looksee.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

Just booked to go Dom Rep 6th Jan - Playa Dorada.  Any tips Drifty ?

Hoping to get to the Whales off Samana Bay this time.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

It'll be Seapro Divers then - Playa Dorada was where I stayed. They have a rep at pretty much every hotel and run a shuttle service from your hotel to the launch site and drop you back on the hotel's beach.

See my Trip Report or the Sea Pro website.

Remember your cert cards, hep jabs, anti-malerials and to haggle like fook with everyone. If you don't use Sea Pro make sure you see their cert cards AND public liability insurance and there are loads of cowboys out there.

You will only get 2 dives a day with Sea Pro, others will do more but Playa Dorada is on the Atlantic coast and can get a little entertaining (Feb's suppose to be the best, calmes month)

Any more info needed let me know - ps take lots of Factor 50 with you as it's £15 for a 1000ml bottle there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts