YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont go to Vivian Dive Centre!

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  daz 
#1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Just to let you all know that a load of us seadogs went to Vivian Dive centre in Llanberis on saturday and it was closed. We had 4 open water trainees, a dry suit course and a rescue course on. We were going to jump in the quarry anyhow and get one dive in before going in search of air fills but there was a warden on duty stopping people from diving .

We ended up in Trearddur Bay of all place so I got to reccy it for the YD gig (never having been there before).
The weather was stonking, viz adequate and all courses completed with varying levels of difficulty. The man in the dive shop in Trearddur said that Vivian has been shut for about 10 days, financial difficulties he thinks. This sounds about right because some of our lot dived there 2 weeks ago no problem.
It s a shame becuase vivian is great for open water training and those first few post qualification dives.

Jules (PADI RECUE DIVER now!)

#3 ·
Imported post

Hey Jules,

Well-in on passing your Rescue course!
 and glad you managed to find T-Bay without me (sorry I didn't have my moby on when you called for directions, it's unlike me!)

Glad you found T-Bay to your liking and looking forward to the Anglesey gig.

Cheers,

#4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>vivian closed
and thats a problem?

its like finding your dentist had retired, your galdd, but deep down you know you will need hin again lol

j/k

hope they get it sourted soon

#6 ·
Vivian Diving Centre - is open

Hello All
I have been pointed to this web site/forum by a Vivian Dive site member. Vivian Diving Centre re-opened on the 26th October 2003, after being closed for 6 months, when the previous owner did a moonlight !!!
The centre is now owned by John & Margaret Bushell - there is a small shop here and airfills are available up to 300 bar.
All the information required is available on the Vivian Web Site Address:
www.divevivian.com
CHeers
John Bushell.

#7 ·
Hi John,

Welcome. You may just want to post an introduction in the intro's sections as well, I have just read this thread and thought 'aw sh*t' Viviens closed.

I then looked at the dates of the original posts - 2003!

It may just pay you to make that a bit clearer as there are a few other numpties on this site and not just me.

Good luck.

#8 ·
John bushell said:
Hello All
I have been pointed to this web site/forum by a Vivian Dive site member. Vivian Diving Centre re-opened on the 26th October 2003, after being closed for 6 months, when the previous owner did a moonlight !!!
The centre is now owned by John & Margaret Bushell - there is a small shop here and airfills are available up to 300 bar.
All the information required is available on the Vivian Web Site Address:
www.divevivian.com
CHeers
John Bushell.
You had me worried, I have a trip arranged for North Wales and includes Vivian. Will be there 8th/9th April. (10-12 or us)

Really must remember to read the dates on posts. Heart rate back to normal.

Gary

#9 ·
If was Really wicked, I could suggest we see how long we can keep this post at the top of the list.

Especially as it's been dug out of the archives by the owner and would have never surfaced without his input.

But I am not wicked, I think the best thing 2 do would be for the same onwer to ask the Admins to delete the entire thread so we're back where we started.

( Except even a search wouldnt find it. )

but belated congrats to Jules.......... if she's still here......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.