YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Am thinking of heading upto Dorothea this weekend, has anybody dived it in the last week or so. I'm seeing reports of building / developing work being underway. Is access still available to the water ? Whats the viz and water temperature been like?

Thanks for the help.

Gareth.

·
Retired depth-junkie, just a holiday scooby now
1,130 Posts
Dived there yesterday, no buliding work that i could see. We have heard this all before at dotty and nothing happens.

Viz was poor due to bloom uptill the 25m mark then it was crystal from that down, just dark.

Temp i recorded was 5c @ the bottom, 8c @ 30m and 10c @ 6m.

hope this helps

ATB
Gareth

Reactions: The Doctor

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
The local press carried a front page article about the proposed plans to develop the site - just the latest of many proposals - but this time it does seem they have some support from the local development office as the plans do include building some low cost housing adjacent to the site. It will include the development of the quarry for diving as its main use.

Of course, it is still a proposal only so things are unlikely to change at Dorothea for quite some time.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents,

It was the local press stuff i saw, hence the question.

Always vivian if i can't get in i suppose, but done that quarry at least 30 times now for training.

Looks like its dorry for a couple of relaxed easy dives on saturday then.

If anyone is about and wants to say high, i'm in a blue astra estate. Will have a stove with me, so might be able to offer a fresh brew as well :)

Cheers,

Gareth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts