YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Now I know this might seem a bit soon after recent events, but I'm regularly speaking with people who are using Dotty every weekend including this weekend coming, I've knocked the offer back to join them only because its bloody miles from my house and theres no way i can pop there on a Sunday sort of affair but i'd really like to do this spot, its supposed to be beautiful with shelves at every level from 5 m down to 45m where it then drops to 100m if you want it (not that we will) but I wondered if I might suggest it as a weekender sometime soon, I reckon local digs shouldn't be a problem and seeing as the weather looks w*nk for the forseeable future I thought it might be an opportunity to gather together, dive together and chase sheep about the moors together...

If anyone finds this suggestion out of order at the moment just tell me to shut up and we'll park it for future discussion....

If not have a look at these couple of sites...

http://www.ukdivers.net/sites/dorothea.htm and http://www.divernet.com/travel/0302doro.htm

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Hi Marco

Welcome back to the boards my friend, its been a while..

I wasn't thinking of going for only one day Marco, its a very long trip from my house, I was thinking more of a whole weekend, B&B's in the area are charging about £15 a night which seems to be more than acceptable

·
Registered
60 Posts
Imported post

I was planning for Sunday only, as I did not want to wake up early on Sat. But if this would be the plan, still I will come.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Deleted because I changed my mind.....woman's prerogative, dontcha know!!

;)

(Edited by Lou at 9:26 am on Nov. 26, 2002)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

I'd be up for it Dave - I have the number of a guesthouse with a bunkhouse outside, Thai missus doing the cooking and Thai daughter runnig around in cut-off denim shorts!!

GI - Luv you LOOOONNNNGGGGGGG TIIIIMMMEE!!

Near Vivian quarry too which is good for a Saturday warm up, night dive in Dorrie and then air fills back at Vivian the next day. The bird who is in charge at Vivian is a FOX also!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Yes,

I seem to recall this Thai 'Guest/Bunk House' from days of yore and past campaigns.

They do a fine menu a la mode:

Starters:

Da Kum of Sum Yung Gi (Davey's favourite and served in liquid format and, for some reason, to be taken from the belly-button of the waitress - go figure?!), with a main course of:

Dik Semi Lob - the house special (sans cut-off jeans) and n'er a finer seafood dish to be found in the environ!

From memory, every dish cost '&#3610' and the waitresses refer to all male patrons as 'Sailor'. Confusing, but it seems to work for them....

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

I think I've dreamt about this place...

Thai eh hmmmm... although I'll leave the starters thanks, I'll just take me own sarnies..

Rightyho then, a plan develops.... cool...

More input needed people...

After looking at the Auto Route I've realised just where about's this place really is geographically like, and it appears we pass any amount of great diving country both fresh and salt water.... if we can't fill our boots on this trip then we might as well give it up...

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

You guys wanna make me cry.  Not only will you great some great diving in but also some great eating by the sound of it.  You luck bar stewards!

Me, I will be at Stoney.  But not diving you understand; I'll be tying to get my bloody reg fixed and I'll bet that it will be something they will have to send away to be done.

Oh Golly Gosh (as I would say in front of the kiddies!).

Anyway have a great time.  Oh and I wanna see trip photo's ESPECIALLY of the fox and the shorts!

EDIT:  

Actually maybe its a blessing in disguise - it'll give me time to get into the gym and build up my 'girlie neck' - eh Davey :wink:

(Edited by Timing at 10:56 am on Nov. 27, 2002)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Tim, mate, we couldn't go without you.. anyway no date has been set yet so there'll be no excuse to miss out on this one me ol'cock, c'mon get yer shit together and we'll set a firm date that peeps can start arranging around, and for all of those who moaned that all of our gigs head North.. well this will be about as far West as one can go without falling off

As far as the food is concerned... read Brens menu again... S-L-O-W-L-Y..... I'd suggest you too take sarnies :biggrin:

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Oooohh Yuck - Must admit didn't I really read it properly - sarnies for me then!

In terms of a good date, how about between Xmas and New Year?  If Dotty is too cold then we could always shoot off to Anglesey.  I understand there's good diving somewhere around the island whatever the weather.

I wouldn't be able to make an overnight jaunt tho.

If y'all decide to do it earlier I'll see if I can wangle a pass-out - assuming I have a reg that is!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Can always arrange to have you a reg mate, don't worry about that bit, just work on the better half so's that she'll let you out to play...

·
ex diving instructor
524 Posts
Imported post

Why not go first weekend in Jan, or thereabouts then I will come & play, and show you guys & gals where to play......

Dreaming of Thai nights .......

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I'd love to but I'll be in the Philippines !!!!!!!

18/19 is good for me too !

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Right.

Spoke to the good lady wife and the chat rapidly turned chilly when discussing diving (this is nothing unusuall!).  However, I will be up for a dive Dec 27 and as I will be in Cheshire could easily make Anglesey, North Wales etc.  

So would anybody else be up for this?

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Seriously count me in. Ill be ready to kill everyone in my extended family by then so would love an excuse to leg it!!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Can probably make the Jan gigs - sorry can't make the 27th Dec as it's the day before my birthday and I'll be wankered.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts