YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Squidgey Member
2,151 Posts
I found that sea water did the job quite well after i picked out come carrots from puking through my regs two days earlyer.
Still gave a nice breath and extra bonus you dont smell or taste the puke.

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Just a thought - where can you get hold of Citric Acid now? I used to buy it from the pharmacy at Boots or Tesco, but they all stopped selling it. I used to use it to descale the kettle too aswell as cleaning dive gear.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
We used to use roughly 1 teaspoon to around 3/4l of water.

Just be ready to explain why you want it if you are buying a fair quantity (probably not as necessary with 1 box).
My boss tried picking up a half dozen boxes and was questioned by the pharmacist on why he wanted. Apparently it is used in the preparation of Heroin for injection. Best not walk in wearing manky trainers and a hoody when you buy it:)

·
Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I'm a Pharmacist and I regularily buy citric acid, lubricating gel and adult nappies from the shop I locum at. I imagine whoever checks the staff purchase book thinks I'm a dangerous pervert:) I don't have the heart to tell her I wear a rubber suit as well.......

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Mmmmm,,,, I well remember going into the local chemists one morning to find a young (17-18 ish) blonde girl behind the counter, when I asked for two boxes of large latex gloves and three tubes of K-Y jelly I got such a discusted look from her that I decided that the condom's would have to wait

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Just a thought - where can you get hold of Citric Acid now? I used to buy it from the pharmacy at Boots or Tesco, but they all stopped selling it. I used to use it to descale the kettle too aswell as cleaning dive gear.
I scoured Stevenage last week, and the only place that sells it now is Superdrug. Even Wilkinsons has stopped stocking it.

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
Superdrug. Named by a genius.
Back when Thatchers Britain was just saying no, Superdrug were out there bringing a more positive message.

You'll probably find your local pastey-faced skanky-trainered hoody can get you as much citric acid as youd want.

·
Muff Diver Technique Instructor
1,390 Posts
there was a tread on the other fourm that u frequent rog . hahahaha

citric acid is the posh way of injecting heroin . they usually use a can of orange or lemon ... as it can be bought in any corner shop .

the things you find out and talk about on this fourm hahahaha

·
Muff Diver Technique Instructor
1,390 Posts
haha . they just rob the cans . we dont really have a class structure here in the emerald isle . we just have the haves and the have nots . hehehehhe

we get them on the ambo and when they talk to you they all sound like mopeds

1 - 20 of 28 Posts