YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Well-well,

It was only on the 09th of October that we were celebrating the Ton-fifty membership for YD - and here we are, less than two months later, with over 200 members !!

I have to say that the last 100 members have brought a wealth of experience, knowledge, info-exchange and damned fine banter to these boards - so another big thanks for that.

What has also proved to be the case is that we can now get together, in ever increasing troops, and dive en masse at sites general and special (last weekend's Troop gig and TDI Advnance Nitrox course was one for the history books) and varily fill our collective boots.

So Mr MaGoo - you're our 200th member and one of the ever growing number from that sceptered place called Manchester!! Try not to look down on the poor folk from other, less fortunate manors!! ;)

Our watchword is SAFETY, but the tone here has always got to be maintained as irreverent and banter-laden. Come one, come all and the site will be what we make of it.

Cheers again to the whole membership!!

"Da Management"

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 7:12 pm on Dec. 1, 2002)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Imported post

Congratulations on the milestones of your first anniversary and 200th member.

I can say without any fear of argument that I'm NOT one of the newest members who brings a wealth of experience, but I would would hope that in time I will be able to add to the wealth of knowledge that is already on the boards.

Thanks for a great site.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Hey Magoo,

I've read your brief on UKDivers and would say that you reckon that just coz you're 'only' a PADI advanced diver that you think you can't get in amongst it here?!

####, half the squad here is of a similar level mate! Book yourself in for one of the Troop dives and enjoy both the dives and the banter. No diver too junior, no diver too advanced for this site. We cater for ALL of them mate.

Get your arse on the next Troop dive and we look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Well said Bren, I think one of strenghts of YD is the breadth of experience in the memberbase and lack of the 'elitist' approach sometimes found elsewhere in diving circles.

Chee-az
Steve

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I can only agree guys.

Willingness to enjoy and learn makes a better diver than the guy with hundreds of dives and a bad attitude.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts