YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be interested in a trip up to the last wilderness in the UK?

I just read Nash's report of his holiday and this sounds like heaven to me.

I'd be up for organising this if enough people were interested, sounds like there is enough for non divers too if you like the great outdoors..
The following are this years guidline prices.

2007 Diving prices.
These prices are given as a guide only. For a detailed quote specific to your requirements please get in touch.
Prices for Doune Bay Lodge include all boat trips, diving air, heating and bed linen.
Prices for Mary Doune include all meals, diving air and fuel. Trips to St Kilda carry a small extra fuel charge.

Option
Total cost
per person
Doune Bay Lodge, party of 12 with Mary Doune, plus all meals (7 nights)
£6120
£510

Liveaboard cruise Mary Doune
(6 nights)
£3564
£594

For parties of less than 12, taking the fully catered option, we offer a sliding scale of charges.

No. of divers
Total cost
per person
£6120.00
£510.00
£5907
£537
£5580
£558
£5247
£583
£4920
£615

Deposits
A deposit of 25% is required to secure a booking. Deposits are nonreturnable unless a replacement booking can be found.

Doune diving

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
I'd be up for organising this if enough people were interested, sounds like there is enough for non divers too if you like the great outdoors..
just a small word of caution - we took a lot of "toys" eg kayak to keep the kids and those not diving happy.

Doune is pretty isolated and I am not sure I would want to be a non-diving partner just stuck there all week whilst the diving partner bu55ers off all day.

Jo, my wife, did a couple of pootles off the pier when I was not on Mary Doune and then came out on the boat when we went island hopping (because there was space) and on my non diving day we walked to the pub at Inverie (a 2 hr walk each way) and then had a day with the kids exploring eg walking to the whale skeleton over in the next bay.

Unless the non diving partner likes reading and lazing around there is not really that much to do. The Mountain Goats biked to Inverie (45mins) and beyond just to get to the bottom of the hills they were looking to climb. They came back pretty knackered after a full day out.

Snash

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've emailed the folkes at Doune and asked for a list of free dates, once I have them I'll post here or in a new survey to see which dates are most popular. We can then take it from there and see if enough people are interested. I'll post it on Divernet and anywhere else I can think of too. Clearly this is of more interest to divers who like the marine life than wreckies. :teeth: but the diving looks to be pretty good.

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And here is the answer.

28th June is the only week available.

actual text...

Hi Pete

Thanks for the enquiry about diving at Doune next year. The only week we
have left starts 28th June. Everything else is booked I'm afraid.
There will be a slight increase in the price to £6216 for a party of 12
divers. If you want fewer divers and more space, or some non-divers, let me
know and I can quote you a price. The usual minimum party size is 8 divers.

You can provisionally book by emailing me. To confirm the booking, I need a
cheque for 25% as deposit.

If you've got any questions, please just drop me a line.

Cheers
Andy Tibbetts

By the way, whats a YDer

How should we answer that last one?:angel:

So are there at least eight people up for a trip to the west coast of scotland, for some fantastic diving and by the looks of it great food too?

1. PeeBee
2. Jo Rawley
3. Martin
4. Jules?

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump
Given that these folks only have 1 week left for next year if we are going to go there we need to make a decision pretty quickly.
If anyone is interested please read Snash's report of his trip, look at the website and stick your name down.

Date will be 28th of June 2008 cost depending on numbers will be £550 to £620(ish) per person fully catered and all air and diving included.

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Bump
Given that these folks only have 1 week left for next year if we are going to go there we need to make a decision pretty quickly.
If anyone is interested please read Snash's report of his trip, look at the website and stick your name down.

Date will be 28th of June 2008 cost depending on numbers will be £550 to £620(ish) per person fully catered and all air and diving included.
would it be worth seeing if there's any bookings struggling to make up the numbers that we could join with if we struggle to get 12?

aldo bumping the thread

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We don't seem to have enough people to make up a group so I have emailed the nice folk at Doune to see if they know of any groups that need help filling spaces, Watch this space for news

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
We don't seem to have enough people to make up a group so I have emailed the nice folk at Doune to see if they know of any groups that need help filling spaces, Watch this space for news
Any news back of possible dates?
There's a 2008 wall planner looking rather empty at the moment which i'm finding very distressing :frown:

*also a thread bump in case anyone else is interested*

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Jo
I got the following email back from Andy, not looking promising...

Hi Pete

I'll keep your address on file and if anybody wants to make up numbers for
a week I'll get in touch.

Thanks for trying.
Cheers

Andy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.