YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>It was flat calm at 0400 this morning , when  looked at the sea , via state of the art cameras from our marina office and just a small nip in the air , with the wind gauges bouncing the neddle bewteen 8 - 15 knts.

Divers started to ring me , as i said " come down ".

Got back on board and bag in the bag, just dosing and listening to Diggers snoring, who in fact hadn't heard me get up, he was all nicelt tucked up with the DIGGERETTE. Chasey was the last to ring me at a nice time , just past 0700, so i got up had a *** and got the kettle .

All divers were on and ready to go, bit of a lumpy and surfy trip to the site , when we were confronted by some BIG ripples , which was ordered by bloody ANGUS ( weather monkey ). So dive was knocked on the head , and a fairground ride back to Dover, as wind was picking up slightly with some steep seas.

The lads will tell you , that it was NICE, WARM and SUNNY in Dover when we returned.

Sea is BLOODY rough at Dover now ,,,, and calm on the site of the LOANDA.

But , what can i do , but play safe , knock the dive on the head , always another day.

Forecast now is
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]THE SHIPPING FORECAST ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE
AT 1130 ON SATURDAY 07 FEBRUARY 2004

HUMBER THAMES
WESTERLY 6 OR 7 INCREASING GALE 8 TO STORM 10, PERHAPS VIOLENT
STORM 11 LATER. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

DOVER WIGHT
WEST VEERING NORTHWEST 6 TO GALE 8, PERHAPS SEVERE GALE 9 LATER.
SHOWERS. MAINLY GOOD

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Good fun on the boat. I think we've successfully ut the missus off coming on any more dive trips! Thanks to the weather monkey!

A day only really spoilt by some arrogant del boy trying to sell me a dodgy watch in a service station, me telling him I wasn't interested, for him to give it the hard sell, before losing his temper, and I told him to f*** off. He then gets out of his car ready to get stuck in. I think he expected me to back down, which I didn't, and he got back in his car, looking pretty annoyed, as I told him I was about to get the staff to phone the police and get rid of him. A totally unneccesary load of aggro, and I hope I meet him again with a few mates next time. I'd like to see the temper on him with 4 useless watches up his arse.

Thanks again Andy for a good day out. Weather'll be a goer next time. Nice flag, by the way...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

I'm sorry lads.  It's not done on purpose it just that there's not much good weather to go round at the moment and I need it with me!  

It'll be cracking for Eastbourne though.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Good call by Andy to can it,

There was not much wind but the swell was daunting. We could have dived no problem but getting back on the boat would have been errrrr entertaining

What you up to Thursday Andy?? Long range forcast is good quick trip out to the Loanda?? I have a set of 36 I just have to use up

Andyp & I want to play and we both have NO CHANCE of valintines W-end and after that its the Stony gig, so if we can dredge up a couple of others would you be up for it?

Email me with cost for the boat and we will see what we can do.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>yeah , i'm up for that ,,,, plan will be e:mailed ..

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Mark,
Your definately helping me get a divorce,

Spose l'd better come along as well to remind you and Andy what a well `ard teckie diver looks like.

Two dive day???

Added
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]so if we can dredge up a couple of others
I must be easy, I got dredged up quite quick  

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Howard

Flotsam is the correct description i think.

Paul

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Feb. 07 2004,23:56)]Flotsam is the correct description i think.
Paul.
I demand a grovelling apology  

Do you think l'll start a whole thread with this demand.

About the day
Well I drove to Dover expecting to be met by the lovely Jo, with a low fat donut & the sherpers (their two young boys).

Bummer, the only donut l found was Andy, no lovely Jo and no sherpers, had to carry my own gear to the boat.

Met Toniac (get it, cross between Tony & Col Maniac..groan, l should be a songwriter, anyone watching I'm a celeb will know what l mean), Chasey, Digs & Diggerette and Steve S (with the gamy leg) and his erhmmm partner Simon.

Sea didn't look too bad until we got to the dive site, Andy decided to can it, l was a little disappointed and thought l would have done it but later realised that everyone's safety is Andy's main concern, oh as well as getting me low fat donuts for next time.

Still if I'd stayed at home I'd have had to help wifee sort out crap for a car boot sale.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Feb. 08 2004,00:33)]Steve S (with the gamy leg) and his erhmmm partner Simon.
<font color='#000080'>oiii howard that is slander, my leg is not that gammy

nice to put some names to faces although your hood is still wrong.

Thanks Andy I will look forward to diving from Taurus in the very near future it was a laugh, and at least my kit got a sea water drenching.

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Feb. 07 2004,23:42)]Mark,
Your definately helping me get a divorce,

Spose l'd better come along as well to remind you and Andy what a well `ard teckie diver looks like.

Two dive day???

Added
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]so if we can dredge up a couple of others
I must be easy, I got dredged up quite quick  
Yep you were definatly one of the two others
I was hoping for Paul, Dan or Mork but looks like Dan and Mork are on the Sunday gig and Paul hasn't lept in  so it might be a strugle but I will see what I can do.

I can manage two dives but I dont know about Andyp

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Guys,

can you post the leave times etc although I will only come if one of you can promise flat calm & 10m viz  

Seriously though I have just found out that one of the old boys at my fire station has died if the funeral is not on a thursday I am a very definite maybe.

Safe diving,
Steve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts