YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all, I am coming to the uk either in September or early October for a long weekend break, I want to do some diving in Devon or Cornwall, (never dived there before) I am looking for a show of hands for some shore/boat diving, a weekend camping and diving and scrumpy!... any one interested? come on YD's don't let me down on this... I promise to bring the Grolsch beer with me, plus some Dutch Gin... are you up for it Jay and Andy???

(Edited by Eddie at 11:19 pm on Aug. 29, 2002)

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

eddie lad!
september will find me using up some leave abroad, if my passport gets back in time, however i have leave in ovctober as well so it just might happen...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

October is good for me Andy...as long as its early... moving house 1st of November...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

I have booked a 5 day return for the weekend of the 26th of September, come on guys and gals, anyone interested in a weekends diving down south?
?

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

well im off work so it'd have to be a cheapo!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

I believe the shore diving is fantastic...you can't get cheaper than that! and I will get my sister to look for a decent but cheap campsite...

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Down in Cornwall next week, so if you have any particular shore sites to recommend I will see if I can check them out and report back.

If you go for Devon or Dorset when you are in the UK we could join you, but I think another trek to Cornwall might be a bit much.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

I will be in Plymouth, thats where my sister and son live, I have asked both to get some information for me about local dive sites, will report when I recieve any info..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

I have just recieved this from my Sister,
re: Diving. This guy has his own boat and takes parties out to wrecks and other places of interest. He is called Richard KINGS and can be contacted on Plymouth 01752 663247. Before we can do it, we will need to know how many, what qualifications, what you want etc etc.
Also we think the best place for your friends to camp will be at Riverside Caravan Park, just a couple of hundred yards from the big Sainsburys Supermarket on the way into Plymouth. Tele number 01752 344122 but again, they will want to know how many persons, tents, how long for etc etc.

I need to know how many people are interested, so a show of hands please...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Due to lack of interest I am not going to book a camp site or a dive boat for my UK visit next week, anybody who wants to meet up with me for a shore dive any where along the south coast can contact me while I'm in Plymouth, I will be there for the 27th, 28th and 29th of September on 0752-661801 or on my mobile 0031-615392554...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Eddie, but for us mainly Northern boys and especially us skint Northern boys, you've picked somewhere just too far to get to, and as I'm on a spend freeze at the moment Plymouth might as well be on the moon...
Still luv ya tho big guy :biggrin: giz a kiss.. gowarn giz a kiss...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Imported post

Sulk.....:eek:(
I will be away as of the 1st Oct. so I will be getting ready for my holidays - I'm afraid I'll be missing out ! Hold up - why am I sulking...I'm going where water temp. is currently 26 degrees.....rather than our lovely 11!
Have fun guys and take some pics for us to see!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

Hi Dave, I understand that its a long way to travel and that some of us are going away to Eygpt soon on holiday, I am going to Plymouth to visit my son and my sister, I just thought I could meet up with some of our southern members for a dive, if anyone is interested in coming down to dive with me then ok, I don't want everyone to think that I am disapointed with the reaction from YD's, I'm not! I totaly understand the distance and costs involved for our northern members to travel, maybe next time I go to Liverpool we can get together for a weekends diving, although that wont be untill next year now, anyway you all know where I will be next week, having a pie and a decent pint of bitter! and if anyone wants a visit to Holland after Christmas they will be made very welcome in my home...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts