YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Not as tall in real life
3,947 Posts
Imported post

Well my two pennies worth.

I have had a drink or two the night before a dive but I do stress this is 1 or 2.  Not a session !!.  I also make sure I drink plenty of fluid before going to bed, before the dive and after the dive and always reserve the right not to dive if I do not feel 100%.  

Most of the multi day trips I have been on this is not uncommon with the big session saved for the final night after all diving is over.

Smoking..  Absolutly right Matt,  but it is a drug and yes I do smoke before and after dives,  I am not saying it is right or acceptable but I hold my hand up and admit I do it.  

I guess it is all risk assessment and deciding what is acceptable for you, unfortunatly sometime addictive substances can cause you to take some best avoided risks.  

If somebody was uncomfortable diving with me due to what they considered unacceptable risks I would accept their reasons and not judge.

Daz,

3,947 Posts
Imported post

Oh crikey Matt,  that comment could be misunderstood.

In my defence my roll ups are very thin and do not contain much tobacco but I can assure you ma lord that it is only tobacco and they are not packed with anything else ;)

Daz

3,947 Posts
Imported post

Interesting point Matt, and yes I have seen people smoking a cigarette while doing their kit checks.

I have even seen someone take a drag, stick their reg in their mouth blow the smoke out and then check their reg.  I kid you not....

Daz

P.S,  I give you my word that the picture really is a cup of tea and there is not a shot of anything in it.  

(Edited by daz at 10:58 am on Jan. 29, 2003)

3,947 Posts
Imported post

I think we have all done things that with hindsight we wish we had done different.  Not only in diving.

As I have said before, "the only bad mistake is the one we do not learn from."  

A debate is a useful medium for provoking thought and discussion but I would hope that we could all make the effort to put ourselves in the other persons shoes or consider our own past mistakes before judging.

Also thanks for the tips about electric lighters guys and drying flint lighters and hey Peter,  I too have been guilty of looking for my cigarettes before I dekit,  but I am proud to say this is no longer the case.  (I now keep them in a watertight case in the top pocket of my undersuit.  So I know where they are and I have to dekit to get them ;) )

Daz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.