YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Just thought I'd say hello. Have been following your posts for a number of months & decided i'd join & give you my ten pence worth.

28 single & an alchoholic. Sorry wrong forum. No resumed diving 2 years ago after my partner & I split. The best thing I did, the diving thing is fun too.

Live & work in Cardiff & dive for the most part out of Milford Haven, West Wales. Enjoy diving in British Waters, as there's more too see. Try to dive as often as work and my daughter allow, usually two w/ends a month & try to get away for a week at a time for some warmer diving.

Started diving 12 years ago during a holiday in the Barrier reef, but stopped due to other activities. (A friday night club meet or a night out with the boys was an easy choice for a teenager).

Would really like to get out to Farne, Scapa & Normandy coast, having recently aquired a new twinset but yet to use as regular dive budies are predominantly food divers & are reluctant to dive anything else.

I think thats enough & hope to post again soon.

gareth

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Gareth,

Welcome to YD mate and get in amongst it! If you fancy it, invite yourself on any of the planned dives you see posted, or organise one yourself and invite us along!

Cheers,

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gareth

Welcome, we as a club do a trip to Pembrookshire each year and usually have a few spare seats on the boat (subject to how many boats we drag down there), could be worth linking up.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Hi Paul,

Yes if your ever down this way, that'd be great. In the summer we're down there most w/ends. Fortunate to have a boat house & ribs in the area. Favourites are the Smalls light house, Skokholm island & of course the Lucy.

Gareth

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gareth,

Nice to meet you, electronically speak.. Typing. I/ve never dived in Wales, That pleasure is yet to be experienced but have dived in the Farnes, in my limited experience, and absolutely loved it. There is might be a trip being organsied for next year? so get your name down or as Bren said organise one yourself. As for who to book with, and where to stay etc.. look no further. This is a gold mine of info and its all just waiting to be asked. Take care.

Dave C  

1 - 5 of 5 Posts