1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi all,
Just completed testing of the dry gloves that i bought -
ok hear goes, the gloves are a pain in the ass to fit (you need 4 hands (get a friend to help - or get shop to fit) but once you get going it only takes 10 mins.
first impressions wernt good - the gloves leaked!!!! found the cause of the leak to be swarf in the o ring grove on the gloves. removed all the access material and greesed the o rings - result! no more leak.
once fixed i took em to dotty for a proper test.
hears my opinion,
the liners that come with the gloves are pants, a warmer alternative was some thin  thinsulate/fleace gloves from a petrol station (£1.99 with a tank full - bargain!)
with these your hand stay warm & dry. dexterity is reduced a fair amount (compared to 3mm neoprene) and the gloves can feel "different" when acending - you'll probly get usd to it prety quickly.
overall i wasnt that impressed, but there worth a try if you suffer from the cold.
oh one other thing - your hands will sweat like a child molester in a holding cell.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

Agree entirely.

I tried a pair of dry gloves once, Xerotech Helios (size 9). The blue ones.  They are pants!  If anybody wants them, you can have mine... for free.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

Got a pair of industrial rubber gloves - thinking of using them under the dry suit seals with a meraklon inner pair for warmth.  Anyone tried rubber gloves?  Will Marigolds do???  Got Easterlies here, so zero vis - I'll try the industrials and let you know...

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Very slightly off topic, I am having some gloves made/adapted which are neoprene gloves but with a 'dryskin' (the same as 2mm hoods) wrist seal, the lads who have used these before say it stops flushing of water and keeps the old pandies warmer. I shall have a couple of pairs with me in Wales for those interested in taking a look

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Just a thought - has anyone ever thought of using NBC Gloves and inners (obtainable from all divers creeping round in camouflaged neoprene!!!) ( There should be the odd few million floating around at the moment!!) Pairs of gloves that is!! I remember they were certainly warm, although pretty thin, but don't know what updates may be available now.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey John,

You've just given me an idea mate - I feel a Glasgow-based side-line coming on ....;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts