YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>hi to you all, can someone please help me decide on a dry suit. i have no idea which one to buy but i do not want to pay through the nose for it.which is best etc etc . please help a very confused but very cold diver

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Well it depends on your budget and exactly what you are looking for.

Some people swear by Neoprene and some swear by membrane.

I am about to replace mine and have decided that an Otter suit is the way to go, based on the extremely positive feedback I have heard about their customer service and quality of suits.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Daz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>thanks daz i will surf the net and have a look at otters range and then try and make a decision based on what i find.
again thanks:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

you want to get yourself an Otter Ultmate! nice and warm and comfortable.. best bit of kit I ever bought.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Are you going to the show ?

I'll be there on the Saturday trying to get some advice on whether to go for a neoprene (ND CNX) or membrane (Otter Brittannnic), and then skip off around the show with credit card in hand.

If you are there for similar reasons then maybe we could charge around together (I promise, no skipping)

Cheers

Conor

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Get a membrane from Otter - problem solved!

You anywhere near their shop..? They might have some off-the-peg ones that'll fit you going cheap..

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>aren't they moving in the near future so have the whole of the top floor of that warehouse (for those of you who know what I'm on about) to empty. I'm sure if this is still the case there is a very good deal to be had if you're anywhere near bradford.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

There is another thread about the clearnce sale in the equipment section I think.

Wish I could make it up, apparently there are some Brittanics going for £50

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

And complete pony setups for £85..
*sigh*

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

The Gates PRO 1100 VSN works for me (for abt 6 years).

VG suit + VG customer support.

I think for the most part you will find that most divers are v/happy with the suit they have. This is a good advert for the suit manufacturers out there and good news for us divers (although it doesn't help you much).

You may have found it easier to ask if there were any suits you should avoid.

A few things I would add to the advice you already have is :-

Don't buy off the peg if it does not fit you properly - you will regret it.

Get a suit with proper diving boots (not the neoprene type) IMO they wear out to quick and are susceptible to damage.

Don't ask on the forum whether to go for cuff or shoulder dump - you will never make your mind up  

Get the best you can afford (if not more than you can afford).

Good luck - I know I spent months reading up on drysuits and getting advice before I made a decision.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>OK THANKYOU TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED OR NOT. I AM STILL CONFUSED AND WILL WAIT UNTIL THE DIVE SHOW. WHO KNOWS I MIGHT EVEN PICK UP A BARGAIN.I AM STILL U DECIDED BUT AS LONG AS I AM WARM AND I FEEL COMFORTABLE I DONT REALLY MIND WHAT I WEAR, BUT I DRAW THE LINE AT MY MISSISSES UNDERWEAR. THANKS AGAIN.SIMON:)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simonjwatts1 @ Oct. 23 2003,17:27)]BUT I DRAW THE LINE AT MY MISSISSES UNDERWEAR.
<font color='#000F22'>I'm sure there are some YDers who don't thou...  

1 - 13 of 13 Posts