YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all
I have had a look around the diveshops here and found as the only make of drysuit ( Rofos ) 3.5mm neoprene and they look ok to me but has any of you had experience with that brand. Its an italian company and I have never heard of them before. Can`t get anything else here on the island by the looks of it.

Regards
Michael

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I've never heard of them, but it shouldn't be too difficult to get an idea of the quality. Check the seams, seals, valves, zip (does it look as though it is securely attached to the suit?) and boots (properly welded to the suit and good soles?) and try it on. Make sure there is room for a decent undersuit under it, although you will presumably not need a very thick undersuit where you are. A company here in Sweden (Waterproof, also available in the UK) make a 4 mm neoprene drysuit which is very popular, even among winter divers. Many consider it to be an excellent compromise between a 7-8 mm neoprene and a membrane suit, having neoprene's hard-wearing properties and flexibility without it's disadvantages. Hope these comments help.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thak you John. I had a look at one today they din`t have one in when I was there last, But it looks O.K I think i`ll order one in my size and let you know how it is.

Regards
Michael

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Sorry Jay
but after such a long time in this climate one gets used to it and then you start puttin on pullovers at anythng below 20 C and when I do 4 dives a day sometimes it gets cold in the winter.We do have waterpemps down as far as 18C.

But maybe I am getting old

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts