YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

-----EDIT-----
Unfortunately I dont fit into off the peg drysuits and have had to re-order it as a Made to measure. This means that my Drysuit will not arrive untill the end of Feb 2004!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone who has replied. I'll still be looking for a buddies for inland Drysuit diving, but it will now be in March (yes that was my anguished scream yo heard from 200 miles away!).
To anyone who has emailed me. Thanks I'll email you closer to the time to see if your still interested.

Simon A
-----End Edit-----

Ok,
I have completed the PADI Dry suit course and am now a Certified Drysuit diver. However I feel that once my drysuit arrives I'll need to get some (a lot of) practice dives in (my usual Buddy did the drysuit course at the same time) before I am confident with diving in a drysuit.
Is there anyone who is willing to buddy an inexperienced drysuit diver for a few dives in either Stoney or Wraysbury (I live in Reading and am open to other sugestions) sometime round the end of Nov. when my drysuit arrives?

CHeers for any replies
Simon A

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Kev,
Cheers, Will definitely keep you in mind.
Will hopefully speak to you in 5-6 weeks time.
Siomon A

·
Registered
14 Posts
Imported post

If NDC, Chepstow is an option for, I would be interested. I tend to stay in one spot as I am a photographer, which should give you good opportunity for practice. Also, if you want to practice your boyancy to perfection you are more than welcome to do some modelling for me, now that would be a challenge for you:;): In return, I will be patient and get you some pics for the wall.

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Anders,
yes the NDC is well within my 3 hour range, I'll let you know once I have my drysuit (projected to be about end of Nov.).
My Wife is getting a drysuit as well so you may well even have 2 models.

Simon A

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hay sport dont mind if I do if you want to dive NDC or Stoney drop us a line any time. You could always try guildy if you fancy a low vis dive. Just follow the bubble's if you want to now which way is up.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I live in Cardiff, so if your looking for a buddy for Chepstow /NDC them I'm up for that, or anyone else who's in the area. My usual dive budies usually only dive food on w/ends, so am looking for new dive buddies. Looking to get wet as often as possible.

gareth

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Simon,  

Sounds like a possible NDC YD group gig on the go.  I am just down the road in Bristol and quite happy to help out.  Pretty much anytime especially December, January etc...

More than happy to hand hold or what ever.,

Can also do Vobster near Bath but I do think NDC is more suitable for initial dives in a drysuit.

Daz

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Ha Daz,

Whats Vobster like? Heard it mentioned but don't know anyone who's dived there.

gareth

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

It's cold, dark but seeing its only been open for a year now I would say VERY good..  I like the fact that not many people use it as yet the staff are brill, good fills and NITROX even at weelends..  There is a fair bit to see in the water and give it a  year or so it will be on par with stoney..
I like the place good diving..

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Like Sean says it is cold and dark, but the staff are very friendly, it is extremely quiet midweek and they have a boat to explore, some block houses, a old crushing works and a tunnel.

All in all a great site but not for the inexperienced or those who don't mind flying on instruments.

Daz

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Sounds like there's more too see than at the NDC. Last time I was there my object count was 1 upturned rowing boat full of concrete 1 tyre & 2 cigarette but's. Mind you that was a few months back, & I know they're planning on sinking a catamaran.

gareth

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Unfortunately, this is not going to be this year!
I've ordered the drysuit (MTM) and they can't deliver it until the end of Feb!!!!
I did consider buying from another manufacturer but in the end what I really wanted won out over speed of delivery.

Simon A

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

No worries Simon,  Mine new one won't be with me until mid January.. Just post when you are ready.

Also managed to get some new seals for my current drysuit at the show so I'm going to be repairing my old one in the next week or two.

Daz

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Nov. 16 2003,21:19)]Also managed to get some new seals for my current drysuit at the show so I'm going to be repairing my old one in the next week or two.

Daz
Repair a current suit! hmm I've currently only got a 5mm wet and I Wont! be diving that again this year!!!

Simon A

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon A @ Nov. 16 2003,23:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Nov. 16 2003,21:19)]Also managed to get some new seals for my current drysuit at the show so I'm going to be repairing my old one in the next week or two.

Daz
Repair a current suit! hmm I've currently only got a 5mm wet and I Wont! be diving that again this year!!!

Simon A

I know it sounds excessive but believe you me, my current one is in a sorry state, I need to put new kneepads on, replace all the seals and even then I expect I will get at least 25% wet dives.

So I convinced myself that a new one was in order and the other would be put aside as a spare.

Daz

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon A @ Nov. 16 2003,17:25)]Unfortunately, this is not going to be this year!
I've ordered the drysuit (MTM) and they can't deliver it until the end of Feb!!!!
I did consider buying from another manufacturer but in the end what I really wanted won out over speed of delivery.

Simon A
If you want to do Vobster in Feb just say, due to the sea state that time of year we will be there lots

Sean

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Daz
do you want Adams old one, you'd get at least 25% wet dives without any of that expense!

Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Thanks for the offer Matt but I'm not going to let the bastard beat me...  

So armed with new seals, some bostik 2402 and a pig headed stubborness,  I'm going to try to sort it tonight....  I'm sure it would have been cheaper to pay someone to do it but hey at least if it don't work I'll know who to blame.  

Wish me luck....

Daz

1 - 20 of 29 Posts