YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I have one tumble dryer and one wet drysuit (hmmm), anyway if you cover the drysuit inflator valve to stop damage etc; is it a viable option?! Probably missing some fundamentally obvious thing here. Either way I feel a bit thick asking it

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I really, really, don't recommend this - drysuits aren't designed for that kind of strain. Nor are dryers. The zip certainly won't appreciate it, none of the components will like the heat, and drysuits being airtight will make it very hard for the water to evaporate out of the suit anyway.

Get some tights, fill them with cat litter or that dehumidifiying stuff they sell at Wilkinsons, and hang them in the drysuit. Problem solved. Works so well I happily rinse my drysuit inside and out because it dries so easily.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I'm not posh enough to have a tumble dryer for my often wet drysuit

I  turn mine inside out and stuff old towels into the feet to absorb any moisture , before grabbing a handful of cold gravel and going off t'mill to work a 25hour shift AND pay mill owner f'permission to come to work...etc etc  

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

So THAT's how you make a cup of cold tea without milk or sugar or tea!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

lol yeh I knew there was sommat, the zip.  What can i say, we've got this new fangled thing and I want to bung anything I can in it.  If it was big enough i'd get in after a shower; thats laziness for ya. Ah nice one Dom. We've just got a cat, so added bonus on how I can get my flatmates to pay for an added peripheral of dive gear
job done

Steve

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

The problems of having your own drysuit....having borrowed and rented in the past...i just have my o3 drysuit on the way...here for xmas.....bye bye semi dry.

So for dry suit care (as I've not had to care before) you recommend gravel, tea and hot towles around the feet....if not...what do you recommend?

Cheers all.

Grhaham

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
My advice is the old 'Store it in a coll, dark place' to dry off.

Dries naturally and the dryer doens't damaged the already heat-treated - in manufacture - properties of the suit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What I have done, which works well in an upstairs flat, drip dry by hanging over the balcony - tying bungees around the feet of course so the downstairs neighbour doesn't get a free drysuit. As this doesn't allow the feet to fully dry, when the rest of it was dry, I turned it inside out and directed a small fan into the booties. At this point it is lying down on my living room carpet!! Can you tell there is no Mrs Far_X anymore ;) I kept the legs open (not what you are thinking!!) with conveniently placed magic markers. Worked like a treat and you can tell I watched Blue Peter as a young 'un. :D

Reactions: Tonto
1 - 9 of 9 Posts