YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Drysuit purchase

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Repta 
Thats a pretty similar set-up to the suit I have just ordered (2 pockets, normal position dump and neoprene wrist seals.) I travelled over to get measured up and had the chance to look at a few suits, accessories etc. Was really impressed by the set up and the price of a MTM suit was fantastic. If you can find someone who can measure you properly near Loughborough, then I would go for it.

There are probably several good reasons for either set-up, however I prefer neoprene seals. Always have. Dry hoods are good but I have several good hoods so didnt bother asking for an attached hood. The undersuit question is a good one. On saturday at Capers I did 2 dives. The first in an O'three neoprene and the second in an Otter membrane. I purposely wore the same clothing underneath. The first dive lasted an hour and I was toasty warm throughout. The second dive lasted 50 minutes and I almost called it several times due to being bloody freezing. The water temp was around 9 degrees. I may just be a bit soft though. I have some Xerotherm Arctics which will be used with the Seaskin and I expect to need them. With the 0'three, I can get away with a thinsulate T Shirt and running leggings (and have done in 4 degree temps).

I have an o'three msf500TB. Its a fantastic suit and I would get another o'three if I needed another neoprene suit.

You have a few days to think about your order before they start making it. You should get an invoice via e mail that specifically asks whether you wish to change any part of your order. If in doubt, go with your gut. You decided on the Ultra for a reason didnt you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.