YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Drysuit purchase

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Repta 
#1 ·
After trying out uk sea diving ive decided that im going to continue with it so i figure its a good idea to my a dry suit now. I dont really now much about them bar what ive been reading on here. Been looking at seaskin as it seems to be recommended a lot but more them happy to consider other makes, though traveling to get measured/try on drysuits is an issue because i live in Loughborough and dont have a car. This is what im thinking about at the minute:

Seaskin Nova - Membrane Diving Drysuit

Main Body Dry Zip Cover
3mm Neoprene Neck Seal
HD Latex Wrist Seals
Move Dump (DIR)
Swap Stardard Apeks Nipple for Seatec Fitting
Kevlar Knee Pads
Pocket for Nova, Large Bellows size 26cm x 20cm x 6cm *2

That comes to £530

leaning towards the membrane because its front entry, is there any major advantages to neoprene?

Any recommendations on other drysuits that are a similar price? preferably MTM

Thanks Rhys

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
If i go for seaskin ill take the train up to leeds to get measure for the £30 the ticket will cost it seems worth it to make sure it fits perfectly.

Forgot to ask, what are the advantages and disadvantages of neoprene and latex seals? Also is a dry hood worth considering? Also undersuits are they 100% needed or will i get away with a thermal top and tracksuit bottoms for now?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
In the end ive went for the Ultra with latex wrist seals, knee pads and one pocket (will get another added when i need it). Getting measured didnt take long at all and i think it was worth the 5 hour trip just to make sure it is right. Part of mes still thinking of going for membrane just for the front entry though

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Decided ultra because ill need less under it and was told it will be easier doing shut downs in. Also helped it was cheaper. Prob going to stick with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.