YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

a quick question for you lot. does having a dry suit thats a bit to big affect your buoyancy much? i know they have to be a bit on the larege side , but mine is pretty baggy up top. the problem i'm having is when i'm neutraly buoyant and i turn to an upright position (heads up not feet up) i start to ascend. i've lived with it for a few months as i know its easy to blame your gear for crap diving. but my buoyancy is fine until i try to read my guage/drop into stanegarth or whatever.
i've done about 35 dives in it and still have the problem. should i invest in a new suit or think of taking up another hobby (god forbid).
cheers
ian.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Easy enough to have it altered, Diverswhorehouse might be a useful place to get a quote from
Chee-az
steve

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

If your suit is too big then you will get pockets of air in it that can't get to the dump valve when you need it to.  No prob on the inflation side, but when you wanna lose air, could be a problem.  IMHO your suit should be the one thing you don't get wrong.  Everything else can be sorted out one way or another, but you need a suit that is right.

I just got a new suit from divers warehouse, fits great and the price was excellent.  

Get a right suit.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

thanks for the help guys. i;ll check out some prices.
if any ones interested mines on ebay for £250. OCEANANIC HD 400 6.2-6.4FT. SIZE 10-11 BOOTS.
thanks again.
ian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts