YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I’m going to LIDS on Saturday (and possibly Sunday!) and I AM going to buy a new drysuit, I really would like an Otter Brittanic (I like the front entry ooh err) but am open to suggestions, the Oceanic Aerdura Titanium also looks good too.

Does anybody have one of these suits that they can comment on or even offer alternatives.

Is anyone else at LIDS on Saturday? I have not met any YDers face to face so it would be good to meet up and put a few names to avatars

Cheers

paul

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

I hear that front entry zips restrict movement? No experience though.

Have you considered OThree. Bought one recently and am well impressed. Build, service and comfort. I know its from the deep south etc but hey.......

·
Registered
118 Posts
Imported post

From what people have said it seem that, the Aerduras are the preferred membrane suits and the O'Threes are the preferred neoprene ones.  However both are out of my price range, so I bought a cheaper Oceanic, but if you have the readies then they both seem to be the 'nads.

I'm going to be there on Saturday, I believe that a couple of other people from here will be too, but it looks like the main posse is making it a Sunday trip.

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

i have considered o'three but a bit out of my price range, do they make a membrane suit??

No problem with them being from dan sarf, lived there for 30 yrs meself

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I looked into an Oceanic suit last year, decided against them after all the crap customer service stories.

Bought an Otter Cordura instead, and am glad I did, it's excellent. Only complaint is I'd have liked the pockets to be a bit bigger..

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I've seen folk struggle like #### to get into the front entry zip suits, plus it's possible to do & undo your rear-entry (oo-er missus) zip with a bit of practice.
The Brittanic has a good rep so you can't go far wrong with that one, Davey W  has just got shot of his Aerdura so can give you the full SP on those (you got your new one yet Dave?)
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

I just bought an Britanic and have about 3 dives in it.  These are my first impressions

PRO
1. real easy to put on
2. drys off quick
3. great movement ( the main reason I got it )

CONS
1. slow to dump air, I got a manual cuff dump added
2. needs lots of thermals, so I had to add lead not take away.

Overall I think I need more dives in it and I will grow to love it.

dave

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I've got an Aerdura Ti and it's absolutely fine.

Hardwearing, surprisingly flexible and all the dumps and valves are top-notch.

The most important thing tho' is not the make but one that actually fits. Take your undersuit when you try on. Make sure you can reach backwards to do shutdowns with it on, can you squat down fully, do the feet fit with what you wanna wear when you go diving?

A lot of people will say "I bought a x brand suit and it was shit," when really they bought a suit that didn't fit.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I bought an Oceanic Flex, well happy with it, hardly even know its on when its inflated. Dont know about service as yet, time will tell.
Enjoy yours, but bear in mind you might well dislike it for a few dives, its very different from wet-suit diving - er its warm and dry.
Matt

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Matt

I've been diving an ND Neoprene drysuit for years so i'm looking forward to being able to move properly in a membrane suit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts