YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
beyond a mid-life crises into complete insanity!
1,394 Posts
I did the DSAT Trimix Blender Course a few weks agao whilst in Gozo

The course content was good and I got an excellent computer blending programme but I don't feel I was well taught

It was more a case of working my way through the course materials and teaching myself. I then did only one Trimix fill - but I guess this was partly due to the cost of doing fills that weren't needed

I retrospect I wish I had done the TDI Course

Mark Powell is running one next week at Wraysbury

http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/training-forum/54485-advanced-blending-course-9th-may.html

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've also done this course. However I thought that it was well taught and very interesting. However because I am not Trimix Certified I only gained the Nitrox Cert. :angry:

I still can't understand why that would make a difference.

·
beyond a mid-life crises into complete insanity!
1,394 Posts
I've also done this course. However I thought that it was well taught and very interesting. However because I am not Trimix Certified I only gained the Nitrox Cert. :angry:

I still can't understand why that would make a difference.
It doesn't make a difference if you are Trimix Certified or not when you do the course.

I did not get my TDI Trimix Cert til after I had done the DSAT blending course.

DSAT have two courses. The basic one covers Nitrox. The other also includes Trimix.

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
If you want a dual ticket the BSAC Mixed Gas Blender covers both Nitrox & Trimix and done in a day cost is about £80.00.
Best of luck
James

·
Registered
454 Posts
I did my DSAT Gas Blender instructor last year but haven't certified anyone yet due to being an independent instructor:(

Will hopefully be getting a quasi-affiliation with a US military dive shop here in Okinawa soon though, as they want their staff and customers to be able to take the course, and I'm one of very few on the island who can do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts