YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe
3,264 Posts
My view is, if your diving multi tanks in a wet suit then a duel wing is a must have. The usual reasons put forward to not to have a duel wing are rubbish.
Mark,

Whilst I usually have a great degree of respect for what you post I don't necessarily agree with you in this instance.

Question: What are the millions of divers using "normal" BCDs doing when their BCDs "blow up"?

Answer: They don't blow up.

Comment: A Wing "BCD" is even less likely to blow up, given that the diver/owner has had the intelligence to buy one in the first instance.

When I use my semidry (usually the case in my waters) I have no requirement for weights if I'm in (steel) twin tank mode. Speaking entirely personally I don't consider that a problem.

Yes, I know that I can swim up in that configuration if I have to and, yes, in my case the dive boat is always anchored and I, but always, ascend via that anchor line.

Those two are the major differences to what you are used to in the UK. Sometimes it's worth pointing out that there are differences in diving.

Cheers,

Christian

· Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe
3,264 Posts
Umm, bitova problem here?

My view is, if your diving multi tanks in a wet suit then a duel wing is a must have. The usual reasons put forward to not to have a duel wing are rubbish.
Mark,

Whilst I usually have a great degree of respect for what you say I don't necessarily agree with you in this instance.

Question: What are the millions of divers using "normal" BCDs doing when their BCDs "blow up"? They don't have the benefit of a "twin wing", indeed they probably don't even know what a "wing" (apart from as in an aircraft) is (the newbies will almost certainly be overweighted).

Answer: They don't blow up. Even the rental ones that the newbies are likely (hopefully in fact AFAIAC) to be wearing.

Comment: A Wing "BCD" is even less likely to blow up, given that the diver/owner has had the intelligence to buy one in the first instance.

When I use my semidry (usually the case in my waters) I have no requirement for weights if I'm in (steel) twin tank mode. Speaking entirely personally I don't consider that a problem. Yes, I know that I can swim up z(been there, tested it out) in that configuration if I have to and, yes, in my case the dive boat is always anchored and I, but always, ascend via that anchor line.

Those two are the major differences to what you are used to in the UK. Sometimes it's worth pointing out that there are differences in diving.

Cheers,

Christian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.