YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are diving the WW1 Cruiser converted to Seaplane Carrier HMS Hermes on Mon 9 July. The wreck is inverted and very intact in a general max depth of 30m with the top at 22m.

A Video of our last dive on her is here:- Diving HMS Hermes

This dive has largely filled up off line following our last blown out attempt :(

Meet at Dover Marina at 0830 for a 0900 departure, we will be doing a 2nd wreck in the afternoon after a return to Dover for lunch. The cost of this top quality 2 wreck dive day is £40

If you would like a subs bench place jump in as we always get late space availability.

1. Steve S
2. Paramedic Paul
3. Debs
4. Derek
5. Peter Woolmer
6. Kim H
7. Captain Deco
8. Trebor
9. Chunderfish
10. Big Si
11. Nigel Ingram
12. Dovershark

Subs:-

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi mate,

are we on? if so I'll have to turn in :)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes we are on :D

1. Steve S
2. Paramedic Paul
3. Debs
4. Derek
5. Peter Woolmer
6. Kim H
7. Captain Deco
8. Trebor
9. Chunderfish
10. Big Si
11. Nigel Ingram
12. Dovershark

I'm going to bed as well as i've been out diving all day after a nightshift and even had to drive the long way aronund Kent to get home avoiding the Tour de France.

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom

Nigel's was possibly up for grabs along with Doversharks if he could not get a fill, but i think Trebor is doing his fill now.

So if one will do i'll call Nigel, if you need the 2 then unless i get a call saying there was a problem at the compressor then its not available.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
nah, we'd need the two. to be honest I knew there'd be no space as soon as I saw the weather was ok :D

thanks anyway, and hope you guys have a good day

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
So do I, I couldn't stand another trip to Vobby with Steve if we were blown out again :teeth:

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave took another group to the Hermes today (I think it was Low Viz's club) and they had a nice 6m or so of viz, we have better tides as well so maybe even better tomorrow :)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Boing

Dave took another group to the Hermes today (I think it was Low Viz's club) and they had a nice 6m or so of viz, we have better tides as well so maybe even better tomorrow :)

Excellent :)

Time for bed ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
1. Steve S
2. Paramedic Paul
3. Debs
4. Derek
5. Peter Woolmer
6. Kim H
7. Captain Deco
8. Trebor
9. Chunderfish
10. Big Si
11. Nigel Ingram
12. Dovershark
Thanks to all for an ace day! 2 great dives and a roller coaster ride on the way out and back on the 2nd dive! Hopefully see you all again soon.

Cheers,

Si

PS lots of firsts today too...

First dive out of Dover!
First solely YD gig!
First return to shot dive!
First time reeling off in anger!
First proper amount of penetration!
First proper usage of my new Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures skills Thanks Mark Powell for those skills! (Also used the bits of reeling technique you showed us too! Must practice more before Adv Wreck end of next month!!!!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.