YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

As is often the case, I have replaced my dry suit with a new one, I chose a Dui CF200SE with somne pockets as extra and a hood at a cost approaching £800. I had heard good things about them until I bought it, now everyone is saying how crap they are.

Have I wasted my £800
?
?

If any of you have a Dui or know the suit, can yopu let me have your opinions, itsa abit late I know cos I have bought it already, but if it will not perform as I hope at least some of you can offer me the heads up on what could go wrong and what to look for.

Jack

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Jack,

Can't say I have first hand experience but the majority of the guys I have spoken to who have DUI suits are very complimentary about them.

Reeve, Wetlettuce, bren are all users of DUI suits.

The DUI suits are not cheap (in fact probably one of the most expensive makes), now if they really were as crap as some people have told you, do you think they would still be in business selling very expensive, crap drysuits ??

IMHO there are other suits that have a very good reputation for build quality, as good a reputation as DUI for less money.  But if you are pleased with the suit you have bought then you will make your own assessment whether it is good value for money.

How many of the people who have claimed they are crap have first hand experience of DUI suits over a reasonable period of time. ?

Daz

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>well my ex's dui leaks like a seive (so much so he's back in a semidry at the moment) but don't let that put you off I think in his case it's more that he bought it second hand (£200). even then where it's gone is the feet which are the old style not the new rock boot thingys.

I far as what he was saying last weekend if he were to glue wellies on the bottom he would be well happy again,

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Dec. 03 2003,08:29)]well my ex's dui leaks like a seive (so much so he's back in a semidry at the moment)
yeah but mary, that suit came out of the ark! don't really think it's a fair comment, unless you're meaning to inform him that his suit might have a few leaks in ten years time  

another guy in our club bought a DUI this year, and he says it's the dog's thingies  

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for those, if anyone is at Stoney tomorrow (Thursday) and sees someone wondering round in a new Dui and Fourth Element thermal unders, then its probably me!!!!!!

I'll let you know about leaks in a decade or so Mary.

Cheers,

Jack

·
Registered
228 Posts
Imported post

I bought a second-hand DUI suit a while ago and it's pretty good for its age. It's in reasonable nick, but it doesn't leak and it's fairly warm.
One good thing about not having traditional moulded wellies is that there's little air space in the feet so they're less prone to floating and I've never used ankle weights.
Take a look at the inside, they're very well put together suits.

On another note, the guy at the DUI stand at the Dive show showed me something snazzy. Field replaceable seals! They were held onto the sleeves by some kind of jiggery-pokery or something, and could be also swapped for dry-gloves.

Better than gaffer tape (especially when it comes to doffing and you pull all the hairs off your arms).

·
Registered
563 Posts
Imported post

I`ve had mine for about 7 yrs, with no major problems. The inside of the zip is starting to fray, and I don`t know if this will lead to problems later. However, as long as you look after it, rinsing it with fresh water after diving, and paying  attention to maintaining the seals and dry zip, you won`t get any problems. I don`t know where the reports of DUI suits being bad come from. They certainly are not `crap`. Maybe it`s jealousy ?  

They are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I`ve lost count of the number of divers I know who have brought cheap and have therefore had to buy twice.

Your suit is not `crap` and you hav`nt wasted you money.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts